Forum Thread: Silent mode

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
stevenhuff Silent mode
Member 18th Jul, 2011 00:29
Ranking: 0
User Since: 18th Jul, 2011
System Score: N/A
I'm running PSI on my parent's PC, and the alerts keep throwing them for a curve. I'll keep PSI on there for the auto-updates it provides, but am wondering if there's an option to suppress all alerts/messages - anybody know of a way to do that?

This user no longer exists RE: Silent mode
Member 18th Jul, 2011 09:16
Hi,

Go to the Configuration -> settings tab in the PSI.

If you remove check at Enable Program Montioring, the PSI will not notify you of changes.

However, you will still be notified of the weekly scan results. There is no way to toggle this.

Hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
stevenhuff RE: Silent mode
Member 19th Jul, 2011 01:38
Score: 0
User Since: 18th Jul 2011
System Score: N/A
Thanks for the reply. Even when unchecking "Enable program monitoring" will having the "Start the Secunia PSI on boot" box checked still cause notifications to occur? It says that will cause automatic notifications.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Silent mode
Member 19th Jul, 2011 10:04
Hi,

Starting the Secunia PSI on boot will cause the PSI to scan automatically every week. You will then be notified of this scan.

However, with the program monitoring feature unchecked, this is the only notification (apart from notices to update the PSI) you will recieve.

Hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.