Forum Thread: Secunia PSI graphical user interface will not load.

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
Chris_Kav Secunia PSI graphical user interface will not load.
Member 27th Jul, 2011 23:28
Ranking: 0
User Since: 27th Jul, 2011
System Score: N/A
Hi

I have been having problems loading Secunia PSI. For some reason it suddenly stopped working. I have been through the FAQ and tried to follow the advice give when secunia won't load - To no avail.

http://secunia.com/products/consumer/PSI/faq/#s3

It appears that it can run in the background and access the internet as I get warnings that "new" programs are insecure from the system tray. Are there any other settings that I can try to get the GUI working? I am running Windows XP SP3. Secunia is allowed through the firewall. I have reinstalled the latest version of secunia and am not sure of what else I can try.

Thanks in advance

Chris

puget1 RE: Secunia PSI graphical user interface will not load.
Member 28th Jul, 2011 01:14
Score:
User Since: 21st Dec 2007
Last edited on 28th Jul, 2011 01:18
@Chris Kaye

Navigating to the Program files folder and looking for the secunia folder double clicking it and inside the folder see if you see the secunia.exe (may only stste psi app @ 16000 kb)and double click to see if the program opens from that location, or try to open from the start menu (see foot note). If none of those ideas work reinstalling may have to be done.

--
Windows 10 64bit

There is No magic bullet in computing; only work a rounds.

Was this reply relevant?
+1
This user no longer exists RE: Secunia PSI graphical user interface will not load.
Member 28th Jul, 2011 09:18
Hi,

What happens if you access https://psi.secunia.com ? You should be redirected to the PSI download/main page. If not, let me know.

Is that not the issue? Try resetting Internet Explorer to it's default settings, and then applying the configuration explained in FAQ item #s3 (which you already saw). This can undo some of the rather "funny" changes that some security programs sometimes make to IE's configuration.

Hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Chris_Kav RE: Secunia PSI graphical user interface will not load.
Member 28th Jul, 2011 23:48
Score: 0
User Since: 27th Jul 2011
Thanks for the advice. Following the link I do get redirected towards the download/main page. I have reset IE to the factory defaults and then followed the advice in FAQ. It still did not work but I managed to get secunia working from a new user profile. The profiles have identical Internet options settings so I am going to assume something has become corrupted on the initial account.

Thanks

Chris
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.