Forum Thread: PSI won't let go of a non-existent Program Files Path

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Foxit Corporation
And, this specific program:
Foxit Reader 4.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
paranoiddelusions PSI won't let go of a non-existent Program Files Path
Member 28th Jul, 2011 15:56
Ranking: 2
User Since: 4th Apr, 2010
System Score: N/A
Secunia alerted me that Foxit Reader 4x (software I never used so no loss) is "end of life" so I used Revo to do a deep uninstall.
Despite registry scans/cleaning (Glary and WinUts) and physically looking at my directory to confirm that all directory traces were deleted, despite PSI being unable to find a bloody folder to open (when I right click the path it shows and click on Open Folder) and despite several reboots and PSI rescans (incl. a full Scan your PC) where one would assume Secunia's pointers would reset so a PSI "rescan" of the program should give it reason to return to an all green status, PSI is still reporting the same now NONexistent path and keeps telling me I should uninstall or install the "solution."
What to do what to do??

This user no longer exists RE: PSI won't let go of a non-existent Program Files Path
Member 28th Jul, 2011 16:34
Hi,

Please refer to this item of our FAQ: http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
paranoiddelusions RE: PSI won't let go of a non-existent Program Files Path
Member 30th Jul, 2011 22:43
Score: 2
User Since: 4th Apr 2010
System Score: N/A
This thread may now be marked "Resolved by Default" as PSI inexplicably went green before I noticed your reply, and only after some routine (but apparently not unrelated) weekly security and registry maintenance.

Emil, your post wasn't directly helpful but maybe it was just your oblique way of asking for more info. Might I suggest a more efficient method would have Secunia add a gentle reminder to the top of the "Create A New Thread" page as it might just have slipped their mind in the confusion/frustration/exasperation of dealing with said problem:

To avoid losing valuable time when seeking assistance with a problem, please include the Troubleshooting Report - http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: PSI won't let go of a non-existent Program Files Path
Member 1st Aug, 2011 09:43
Hi,

That is an excellent suggestion, and I'll make sure our developers consider it for implementation in the future.

If you have further suggestions or feedback, please don't hesitate to tell us!

Glad you are all fixed up.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.