Forum Thread: tray icon absent, and program not found on start bar

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
Bobevan tray icon absent, and program not found on start bar
Member 29th Jul, 2011 11:58
Ranking: 0
User Since: 7th Oct, 2008
System Score: N/A
I am having the same problem as Eagle Quality, whose thread was locked after his reply on 18 July 2011. Also the program failed to detect the removal of software such as Logitech web cam and Maxtor backup software. If I open Secunia it still shows I have a 100 % result but maybe this is misleading. Is the only solution to reinstal Secunia?

This user no longer exists RE: tray icon absent, and program not found on start bar
Member 29th Jul, 2011 12:23
Hi,

No, reinstallation is probably not the only solution. But it is most likely the easiest solution, and this is what I would recommend.

You can download the newest release of the PSI 2.0 from the link in my signature.

hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Bobevan RE: tray icon absent, and program not found on start bar
Member 29th Jul, 2011 19:43
Score: 0
User Since: 7th Oct 2008
Thank you. I will do as you suggest bearing in mind I have auto-update set and am using PSI 2.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Bobevanusa RE: tray icon absent, and program not found on start bar
Member 30th Jul, 2011 13:43
Score: 0
User Since: 14th Jan 2009
I have uninstalled and downloaded the latest version as you suggested BUT
the problem persists. When I booted the PC the first time the Secunia icon was there and showed a program change when I installed Logitech webcam software.

I subsequently uninstalled the Logitech software and the Secunia icon did not appear when the PC was rebooted

I would also mention that when I uninstalled the software, an error message appeared; "error running c:\Program files\secunia\psi\sua.exe-r-L"

--
bobevan
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.