Forum Thread: can someone please help me with this End of Life thing?

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

This thread has been marked as locked.
JessyJane can someone please help me with this End of Life thing?
Member 23rd Sep, 2011 06:57
Ranking: 0
User Since: 23rd Sep, 2011
System Score: N/A
PHP 5.2 End of Life install solution

also

Apache 2.2 End of Life install solution

this has been showing up ever since I updated my Secunia. Everything else I can Download Solution and it takes care of it. When I click on these two, it takes me to pages that have all this info on them and I have no idea what they mean or what I should click on. This terrifies me.
I have been having computer problems lately and need to know if these two programs are the problem.

I have no idea what Apache is or even PHP. I don't want to mess up my computer by clicking on the wrong thing. I almost wish I had not updated because these two notices scare me so bad and really don't tell you what to do when you try to install the solutions. Thanks, JessyJane

This user no longer exists RE: can someone please help me with this End of Life thing?
Member 23rd Sep, 2011 08:42
Hi,

These two programs are used to host or generate websites, and would not be too helpful on a normal user system. Are you sure you need them?

The chance they are causing problems on your system is very small.

Can you please post the debug report for the two programs?
http://secunia.com/products/consumer/psi/faq/#q18

Under "Which information should I include when asking for help", please follow the steps and post the debug report here.

Hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.