Forum Thread: Scan Schedule ... Scan Now in systray

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
davidbaldwin Scan Schedule ... Scan Now in systray
Member 27th Oct, 2011 12:50
Ranking: 0
User Since: 14th Nov, 2009
System Score: N/A
I see no more discussions about having an editable scan schedule in PSI.

What a shame. Some people would prefer to schedule less scans, some would prefer more.

I did check the box for notifications of software updates in My Profile, as suggested by Ed Peterson.

PLEASE SECUNIA, a customizable scan schedule is preferred!

another idea for quickly starting a scan would be...

PLEASE SECUNIA, add a "SCAN NOW" command in the right-click context menu of the system tray icon. That would make the inconvenient process of opening the Secunia PSI interface just to start a scan, much simpler, quicker, and in-line with most other security programs which allow you to start a scan from the system tray icon.

Thanks!

DB

This user no longer exists RE: Scan Schedule ... Scan Now in systray
Member 28th Oct, 2011 08:19
Hi,

There are no plans to add scheduled scanning to the PSI. This is considered an enterprise feature.

However, I agree that
(unknown source)
PLEASE SECUNIA, add a "SCAN NOW" command in the right-click context menu of the system tray icon. That would make the inconvenient process of opening the Secunia PSI interface just to start a scan, much simpler, quicker, and in-line with most other security programs which allow you to start a scan from the system tray icon.

Would be an awesome feature and I'll make sure to forward the suggestion to our developers.

Hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.