Forum Thread: Updated to CSI5 - some old agents not updating

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
CSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
smith.ma Updated to CSI5 - some old agents not updating
Member 28th Dec, 2011 16:11
Ranking: 0
User Since: 1st Jan, 1970
System Score: N/A
Hello,

I have some agents on version 4.1.0.2002 with a last check-in date of the day I declined and deleted the version 4 agent and approved the version 5 agent. Most of them are online but do not seem to be checking in.

The recommendations for Errors/Warnings are either run a new scan, which isn\'t happening since they are not checking in, or install a newer agent.

What is the proper resolution here? Should I remove the machines from the Single Host Agents section so that they can be readded with a new up to date agent...or something else?

Thanks,
Matt

smith.ma Updated to CSI5 - some old agents not updating
Member 29th Dec, 2011 19:04
Last edited on 29th Dec, 2011 19:04 I have resolved this please lock the thread
Was this reply relevant?
+0
wmahmood RE: Updated to CSI5 - some old agents not updating
Secunia Official 3rd Jan, 2012 21:16
Score: 0
User Since: 10th Aug 2011
System Score: N/A
Hi,

We are glad that you issue is resolved. If you create a new Agent Deployment package in CSI 5, it would autoamtically un-install old CSI 4 agent and install the new agent.

It might be a delay between your systems and WSUS server. When an agent gets installed, it ususally takes 15-20 minutes before it would appear in CSI GUI.

Best Regards,

/Waqas

Secunia Customer Support

--
Best Regards,

Waqas Mahmood
Flexera Software Support

This thread has been marked as locked.