Forum Thread: 0% Secunia System Score

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
JohnGreener 0% Secunia System Score
Member 5th Jan, 2012 22:38
Ranking: 0
User Since: 5th Jan, 2012
System Score: N/A
I've been using PSI with no troubles on two Windows 7 64-bit machines for over a year. Today, Jan 5 2012, the same error has occurred on both PCs.

PSI launches a scan with a 0% system score with all counts (Insecure, End Of Life, and Patched) set to 0 in both the Current State and Worst State columns on the Dashboard. The bar chart showing the scores over previous weeks is empty. In the Configuration/Settings/Drives tab there are no drives visible (not simply unchecked - not there at all).

A reboot on one machine followed by a re-scan got the C: drive visible again and gave me a 100% score and a single bar on the chart showing this - but all previous week's data has vanished. I'm unable to try this on the other machine until tomorrow morning as it's currently running chkdsk on a 2TB USB drive, which will take some hours.

Both machines have healthy system disks and no errors relating to this appear in the Event Logs. One had just come out of stand-by when this happened. The other, as noted above, was running chkdsk on a large external drive which was therefore locked.

It is possible that this was the first scan for 2012 on both machines, but since all the history has gone I cannot be certain.

Thoughts?

John Greener

Maurice Joyce RE: 0% Secunia System Score
Handling Contributor 5th Jan, 2012 22:49
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Last edited on 5th Jan, 2012 23:02
Do U use a Registry Cleaner?

EDIT:

Which version of PSI is installed?

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0
JohnGreener RE: 0% Secunia System Score
Member 6th Jan, 2012 00:24
Score: 0
User Since: 5th Jan 2012
Last edited on 6th Jan, 2012 00:25
PSI is version 2.0.0.1003. Sorry for omitting that from the original post.

I don't use a Registry cleaner.

John Greener

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Handling Contributor 6th Jan, 2012 00:50
Last edited on 6th Jan, 2012 10:06
John,
Thank U.
I have got 2 different versions of PSI installed on test PC's - none of them have the graphics (history) problem U describe so I do not think it has been caused by the year change.

Have U changed or deleted your profile? That would certainly cause the "error".

Although in the past your current version appears to have worked correctly have U thought of updating to the latest version - not sure it will bring back your history but ...

The chanelog is here - a bit sparse in detail on enhancements made but it may help U decide:

http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...

I must say it is odd that has happened on two PC's with the same OS unless it is a profile issue.

If U are not keen to update PSI I would make that statement on the Forum & leave the thread open for a Secunia Support comment.

Hope this helps.

--
Maurice

16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+2
Member 6th Jan, 2012 13:13
Hi Maurice

I've updated PSI to the latest version, 2.0.0.4003, and it works fine - but the history remains lost.

I'm not sure what you mean by a profile change, but I've not changed my Windows accounts nor the PSI settings for many months. I'm the sole user of both PCs, and always use the same account.

I don't regard this as a major problem - PSI is still doing its job and all I've lost is the history, which is interesting but hardly essential. I'm grateful for your help, but unless other people have the same problem I wouldn't waste too much time on this.

Many thanks
John Greener

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Handling Contributor 6th Jan, 2012 15:39
John,
Not sure I can help any more - I certainly have got the history for weeks 49-52 (2011) + week 01 & Now (2012).

By profile I meant changed your Online Profile or the details in the PSI Settings or removed your User ID from the Registry - clearly U have not done any of that so it is irrelevant.

U should be aware that PSI version 2.0.0.4003 has a bug for an experienced (advance) user in that the Secure Browsing tab does not populate correctly.

If U are keen to know the status of your browser U can always use an excellent checker by Qualy. Details are here:

QUALYS BROWSER CHECK

If U want a second opinion of your browser(s) security state U can use this tool.

Details of how it works are here:
https://community.qualys.com/docs/DOC-1542#s2_q7

The FAQ & how it works should be read prior to any scanning. For example,if you use more than one browser U must use the scanner on EACH browser.

The scanner is here:
https://browsercheck.qualys.com/

Update 1 22:00 04/11/2011

Sorry not much help I am afraid - U (& one or two others) could be suffering from the after effects of the Secunia Server "wobbly" in December. Pure guesswork but I cannot think of anything else.

--
Maurice

16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+4
Member 6th Jan, 2012 16:47
Maurice

Fair enough - thanks for your help.

John
Was this reply relevant?
+0
UdoL RE: 0% Secunia System Score
Member 7th Jan, 2012 01:13
User Since: 6th Jan 2012
Last edited on 7th Jan, 2012 01:14
I have the same problem on my XP Home machine - PSI 2.0.0.2001

When starting PSI I get a welcome message and Secunia System Score is 0% although I did a manual scan 2 days before. All history data is lost.

Udo
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.