Forum Thread: Multiple versions of programs detected, what to do?

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
Shaggydabbydo Multiple versions of programs detected, what to do?
Member 24th Feb, 2012 22:01
Ranking: 0
User Since: 24th Feb, 2012
System Score: N/A
I've recently started using Securia PSI and have noticed that there are multiple copies of some programs when I do a scan. Here is a screenshot of what I see: http://www.picamatic.com/show/2012/02/24/11/59/824...

Why are there multiple entries; should I delete some of those entries, and if so, which ones?

Maurice Joyce RE: Multiple versions of programs detected, what to do?
Handling Contributor 24th Feb, 2012 22:06
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 26th Feb, 2012 09:49
If U look closely none of them have the same extention.

My advice - LEAVE WELL ALONE

Sorry missed a bit. U are clearly running a 64Bit laptop. There is a mixture of 32 & 64 Bit drivers showing - U require them.

EDIT:

From the relevancy score showing I assume U have got it all sorted?

On that basis, I will lock this thread for U sometime tomorrow unless U post back asking for it to be left open.

This will protect your mail box from possible update emails from Forum "tag on" posts

You can of course lock your own threads yourself. Just click the ACCEPT button in the post of the helper who offered U the best solution/advice to solve your problem.

Secunia Support can always reopen threads by applying by email to: support@secunia.com

EDIT 2:
Thread locked at: 08:48 26/02/2012

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.