Forum Thread: PSI 3Beta: tray icon stays red

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
GerAJ PSI 3Beta: tray icon stays red
Member 28th Feb, 2012 10:59
Ranking: 1
User Since: 21st Oct, 2010
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 28th Feb, 2012 10:59

After installing PSI (3.0.0.0005 Beta) and manually running a first scan, PSI reports my PC to be up to date. When rebooting, the tray icon is red (indicating either unsafe / not scanned, impossible to figure out what the reason is for being red). Only after starting a manual (re-)scan, the icon returns to its green state. However, a reboot shows the red tray icon again. Curiously, when using the tray icon to open the PSI interface, it shows a large green checkmark.

IcI RE: PSI 3Beta: tray icon stays red
Member 29th Feb, 2012 10:31
Score: 8
User Since: 13th Jan 2010
Yip, same problem here.

Duplicate issue listed here: https://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/12...
Was this reply relevant?
+3
mstevens-xs RE: PSI 3Beta: tray icon stays red
Member 29th Feb, 2012 19:09
Score: 0
User Since: 22nd Sep 2010
Same issue.
I have version: 3.0.0.0005

Basically the product is more or less useless with the TrayIcon telling the wrong status.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
stevebythebay RE: PSI 3Beta: tray icon stays red
Member 1st Mar, 2012 19:46
Score: 1
User Since: 9th Dec 2009
Surprising that something this obvious happens, even if this is a Beta. No means to even help identify the problem (logs, etc.). Really poor. Beta should be pulled...
Was this reply relevant?
+1
casey10 RE: PSI 3Beta: tray icon stays red
Member 1st Mar, 2012 22:01
Score: 6
User Since: 28th Feb 2012
I have the same problem and uninstalled it today. Secunia should call this a "Alpha Build" not beta. Just my 2 cents.
Was this reply relevant?
+1
genegold99 RE: PSI 3Beta: tray icon stays red
Member 2nd Mar, 2012 05:10
Score: 5
User Since: 25th Nov 2008
Last edited on 2nd Mar, 2012 05:11
Actually, everytime I've run a scan even though the box says up to date, the sys tray icon (Win 7/64) has turned green again afterward. But on computer restart it is always back to red. The other thing with the new system is that during a scan there's no way to know if something is being updated; i.e., is the pause at, say, about 60% done because of an app being updated or just due to the flow of PSI running its scan.
Was this reply relevant?
+1
This user no longer exists RE: PSI 3Beta: tray icon stays red
Member 2nd Mar, 2012 13:16
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

We have noted this as a confirmed bug, and will forward the information to our developers.

Hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.