Forum Thread: Ovum Technology Audit: Secunia CSI 5.0

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Open Discussions

See the original Secunia blog entry:
Ovum Technology Audit: Secunia CSI 5.0

Secunia Ovum Technology Audit: Secunia CSI 5.0
Secunia Official 28th Mar, 2012 22:41
Ranking: 0
User Since: -
System Score: -
Ovum Technology Audit: Secunia CSI 5.0

joycej53

RE: Ovum Technology Audit: Secunia CSI 5.0
[+]
This reply has been deleted

Maurice Joyce

RE: Ovum Technology Audit: Secunia CSI 5.0
[+]
This reply has been deleted
Maurice Joyce RE: Ovum Technology Audit: Secunia CSI 5.0
Handling Contributor 29th Mar, 2012 09:35
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
System Score: N/A
I am aware of the individual, by name, who is systematically trawling around the Forum & deducting 3 points from any post that has been deleted despite that fact the original content has not been read by the culprit.

In this instance U got it very wrong.The lady concerned posted incorrectly to a thread that is OPEN DISCUSSION. It was not advertising nor was it offensive.

If U bothered to read the Forum correctly U will note the dialogue was switched to this thread & concluded successfully.

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/123...

I am reluctant to name the culprit in open Forum but will do so (having cleared my proposed action with Secunia Support) if this childish & unfair behaviour does not stop. Grow up & try to help users with solutions rather than hiding behind & abusing your voting power.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+3
This user no longer exists RE: Ovum Technology Audit: Secunia CSI 5.0
Member 29th Mar, 2012 09:57
Hi,

Although I am not aware of what exactly has occured in this case (Having not read the deleted post in question) I just wanted to add that it is our practice to add 100 downvotes to spam posts before deleting them.

This is the only case Secuina Support ever systematically downvotes anything.

Any user without 100+ downvotes, although their post was deleted, is most likely not spamming anything.

Hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: Ovum Technology Audit: Secunia CSI 5.0
Handling Contributor 29th Mar, 2012 10:06
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 29th Mar, 2012 10:13
Emil,
Thank you. This person continually deducts 3 points even after Secunia Support have deducted 100 points & deleted the post. Examples are everywhere on the Forum.

I appreciate U are all busy rather than be bothered by this nif naf & trivia but I will produce the evidence to U of this gross abuse if it does not stop & request permission to publish the culprits name.

EDIT:
Your other point is not strictly correct. I delete many spammers during your absence particularly at weekends. They are clearly marked with minus 25 (or more) if our "friend" gets involved as well!

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Ovum Technology Audit: Secunia CSI 5.0
Member 29th Mar, 2012 11:12
Hi,

To clarify briefly.

I would usually downvote a post if I deleted it myself or knew that the user in question was a spammer (from other posts). However, is it not something we do all that systematically. We just try and keep the forum as neat as possible.
Was this reply relevant?
+0