Forum Thread: flashplayer_ax10.3.183.16.exe

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Adobe Systems
And, this specific program:
Adobe Flash Player 10.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
steve33_3 flashplayer_ax10.3.183.16.exe
Member 3rd Apr, 2012 22:12
Ranking: 0
User Since: 3rd Apr, 2012
System Score: N/A
After not using PSI for a while I downloaded the latest PSI (not 3.0 beta) and got the message that "flashplayer_ax10.3.183.16.exe" was needed to upgrade.I downloaded it and It did nothing.
In messages dated mid March this issue was listed as resolved with no explanation as to what was happening.
My question is if it was resolved why is it, whatever IT is, still happening and what do I need to know??

Maurice Joyce RE: flashplayer_ax10.3.183.16.exe
Handling Contributor 3rd Apr, 2012 22:53
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
As I am sure U are aware even if U have the latest version of Flash it is still vulnerable.

This SA refers: http://secunia.com/advisories/47161/

If an installation of Flash is giving U grief have U tried this?

UPDATING THE STANDALONE ADOBE FLASH PLAYER

1. Download & SAVE these to desktop.

IE & Other Browsers using the Trident Rendering Engine.

http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/curren...

& then here, if U have any other type browsers that does not have Flash embedded.

http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/curren...

2. The installer will appear on the desk top. THE IMPORTANT BIT - Before agreeing to install Flash check these programmes are completely shut down (use the Task Manager if necessary (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) to COMPLETELY EXIT these processes if running)):
a. All Browsers.
b. Windows Messenger.
c. Incredimail.
d. All Adobe Products.
e. PSI - Unless using version 2 or version 3 BETA 2

3. The new install will then remove all old files during the update process.

4. Complete a PSI rescan & all should be in order.

If U want to double check Flash is working & the version installed click here: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ If using IE9 ActiveX Filtering must be disabled via IE>Tools before testing

Go to Start>Control Panel>click the Flash Player (32 Bit) icon>check the settings are to your requirements.

Update 11 21:50 03/04/2012

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0
steve33_3 RE: flashplayer_ax10.3.183.16.exe
Member 3rd Apr, 2012 23:07
Score: 0
User Since: 3rd Apr 2012
Hi Maurice,

Thanks for the lengthy reply.
I wasn't having any problem with Flash but when I installed PSI it told me it needed upgrading and the file named "flashplayer_ax10.3.183.16" needed to be downloaded from dl.secunia and installed.
Since the file has no signature and nothing happened when run I wanted to know excatly what I had downloaded. I can find no information in the secunia forum nor on the Internet as to what this file is.
my question wass imply what have I downloaded and if the "issue" with the file was resolved what was the issue and how was it resolved.
In short do I have a problem?

Steven
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: flashplayer_ax10.3.183.16.exe
Handling Contributor 3rd Apr, 2012 23:22
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Steven,
U do not have a problem as long as U have the latest Flash version installed whereby Secunia will indicate U are up to date after a full PSI scan.

I think what U are describing is a patch created by Secunia with their new SPS packaging system. Cannot be more precise because they have not told users what changes they apply when creating them which could affect version numbers/hash details/signatures etc.

Worth leaving this thread open to see if Secunia Support respond. If not U can contact them direct at: support@secunia.com.

Hope this helps.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+1
steve33_3 RE: flashplayer_ax10.3.183.16.exe
Member 3rd Apr, 2012 23:33
Score: 0
User Since: 3rd Apr 2012
Thanks Maurice,

I'll take your advice and keep this open. I'll also send off a mail to their support.
Again thanks for your prompt and very useful support.

Steven
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.