Forum Thread: how do I uninstall psi secunia

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
tiny2 how do I uninstall psi secunia
Member 29th Jan, 2009 05:46
Ranking: 0
User Since: 29th Jan, 2009
System Score: N/A
I use a Windows XP SP3 computer and need tech help guiding me on how to uninstall psi secunia from my computer please.

Wondering where or why this information is not easily seen to help newbies to this program along?

Thanks in advance.

tiny2

This user no longer exists RE: how do I uninstall psi secunia
Secunia Official 29th Jan, 2009 08:39
Hi

There is a uninstall tool in the folder for the PSI

Its default location is:
C:\Program Files\Secunia\PSI

If you do not have the default install settings you can right click on the "Secunia PSI" icon found in:

Start->All Programs->

Once you have right clicked go to properties.
Now you should have a button called "Find Target..." Click on that to bring you to where the PSI folder is located.

Hope this solves your question

Morten Hansen
tiny2 RE: how do I uninstall psi secunia
Member 30th Jan, 2009 06:13
Score: 0
User Since: 29th Jan 2009
Thank you for your prompt reply to my asking how to uninstall psi secunia from my Windows XP SP3 computer.

I followed directions given and a message keeps appearing that reads because psi secunia is running it means that I am unable to uninstall the program.

How do I stop psi secunia running so that I can click on the uninstall button in Find Target as mentioned when it is part of the start up proceedure as my computer opens?

Look to your continued help ..thanks

tiny2

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: how do I uninstall psi secunia
Handling Contributor 30th Jan, 2009 10:10
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Press CTRL+ALT+DEL(delete) on the keyboard at the same time to expose TASK MANAGER.

In the applications tab U may see Secunia running.

Highlight it & click the END TASK button

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0
katya40 RE: how do I uninstall psi secunia
Member 30th Jan, 2009 19:32
User Since: 30th Jan 2009
The problem I have is that it wants a copy of Secunia PSI (Beta).msi and I don't have it. Where can I find another copy so that I can uninstall the old version and put the new one on?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 31st Jan, 2009 01:46
Last edited on 31st Jan, 2009 01:49
Thanks for guiding me along Maurice. I did as you asked and opened Task Manager. In Applications all it shows is 14 individual lines with each one which shows a Windows box Task Manager ...Running but no individual programs named in that section at all. I clicked on Processes tab section and did see psi.exe in that area. Wise and best for me not to touch anything until I ask for further guidance help on how to stop psi secunia program running to allow me to uninstall.

End Task is in the Applications section of Task Manager to click on but not so in the Processes tab I noticed if this helps guide you on this at all.

I appreciate the help being given and hope to resolve this after further advice from you here...thanks.

tiny2
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Tarq57 RE: how do I uninstall psi secunia
Member 31st Jan, 2009 02:26
Score: 16
User Since: 20th Dec 2007
There are easy ways, ways you use to uninstall any software, Secunia PSI is no different, unless something is wrong with it.
-1) Right click the tray icon (bottom right of the screen) select "exit".
-2) Open the control panel>add/remove programs. Wait for the list to appear.
-3) Scroll down to Secunia PSI, highlight it, select "uninstall".
Job done.
If something doesn't work with that (common) procedure, there are other "issues".
The use of a third party uninstaller, such as Revo, can make the uninstall process more complete, but is not without its hazards.

--
Windows XP Home 32, SP3- patched as they are released, AMD 3500+, 2G RAM, avast 8.0, Autorun Eater, Secunia PSI.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 31st Jan, 2009 02:53
problem solved by using system notification section and clicking on Exit then removed in the Add/Remove programs area.

Thanks Tara.

tiny2
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Tarq57 RE: how do I uninstall psi secunia
Member 31st Jan, 2009 02:57
Score: 16
User Since: 20th Dec 2007
You're welcome. And it's actually Tarq. (Short for Tarquin. Last name unimportant.)

--
Windows XP Home 32, SP3- patched as they are released, AMD 3500+, 2G RAM, avast 8.0, Autorun Eater, Secunia PSI.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.