Forum Thread: PSI did not detect out-of-date Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
bjkeefe PSI did not detect out-of-date Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Member 11th Apr, 2012 18:41
Ranking: 3
User Since: 29th Aug, 2010
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 11th Apr, 2012 18:42

Installed version 1.60.0.61 reported as latest by a PSI scan just completed. (Using PSI 2.0.)

Latest version is actually 1.61.0.1400. This update has been out for more than 24 hrs at least; e.g., CNET's Download Alerts pinged me about it on 10 April 2012 at 06:41 EST.

Not a big deal, certainly, but I thought I'd make the report just in case anyone from Secunia wanted to know. Hope this was the right place to post it.

Maurice Joyce RE: PSI did not detect out-of-date Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Handling Contributor 11th Apr, 2012 18:49
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
No version of PSI will warn users to upgrade to the latest version unless it is vulnerable.

PSI is a vulnerability checker not a general updater. The previous version of Malwarebytes was secure & the latest upgrade only caters for enhancements & minor bug fixes which PSI is not interested in.

As a user of Malwarebytes professional the programme itself warns U that an upgrade is available & requests permission to install it.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+2
bjkeefe RE: PSI did not detect out-of-date Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Member 11th Apr, 2012 18:56
Score: 3
User Since: 29th Aug 2010
Thanks, Maurice. I think I might have known that about the vulnerability-only notifications, but if I did, I forgot.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.