Forum Thread: FEEDBACK on the BETA... or Why I Hate Programmers

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
paranoiddelusions FEEDBACK on the BETA... or Why I Hate Programmers
Member 16th Apr, 2012 10:30
Ranking: 2
User Since: 4th Apr, 2010
System Score: N/A
1- Why is the new icon in the system tray always red despite the BETA finally reporting 100% green/secure? I say finally because after I installed the BETA, it failed to note that I'd just previously installed about a dozen Microsoft updates that required their own reboot. It took multiple reboots before the BETA finally noticed that I HAD updated the software and gave me my normal 100% secure checkmark... BUT the icon in the tray STILL shows RED several shut downs/reboots later.

2- Just 2 SETTINGS on the DISPLAY PROGRAMS page - Start on Boot and Update Automatically
How do we change that idiotic icon-centric display of all our programs BACK to an easy to scan list?? I don't like icons, I can't remember icons, I want to see my software CLEARLY listed in a column by NAME and version AND in an easy to read DARK BLACK font. Why should I have to squint and scroll down a screen that must run 5 pages long because of space hogging big icons with the app names in a tiny light grey font underneath each that I can barely see?

The older version was notorious for not immediately recognizing when software had been updated, but this is a giant step backwards. Even on this feedback page, everything I type is in a light grey font instead of a EASY TO READ dark black font. BAH HUMBUG!

SPECS:
Running fully updated
Dell Inc. Studio XPS 435MT x64-based
2.67 gigahertz Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz, 2668 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series - WideScreen

Maurice Joyce RE: FEEDBACK on the BETA... or Why I Hate Programmers
Handling Contributor 18th Apr, 2012 12:32
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
System Score: N/A
Sadly, genuine submissions created on this Forum are getting "lost" amongst the sustained spammer attack posts being created.

I have grouped this post & others where Forum members have open questions & comments which should make it easier for Forum readers & helpers to navigate.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.