Forum Thread: interface too simple.

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
rodbaldwin interface too simple.
Member 25th Apr, 2012 15:03
Ranking: 0
User Since: 25th Apr, 2012
System Score: N/A
i just installed psi, not sure what version because the interface doesn't tell me.
i kicked of an initial scan but it has been running for an hour and isn't finished and the interface doesn't tell me if it's making any progress just that idiot icon.

i've used psi since version 1 and while i'm sure you are attempting to make it friendly for old ladies, toddlers and simpletons to me it seems dumbed down too much.

back to my inital scan - so, how would i know if anything is happening?

SteveWP RE: interface too simple.
Member 26th Apr, 2012 06:52
Score: 0
User Since: 26th Apr 2012
System Score: N/A
Speaking to the topic rather than the body of the OP...

I registered specifically to give feedback about PSI 3 Beta.

I too have been using PSI since version 1.
I have been an advocate for the software. All of my personal computers have it, friends, family and work mates are all advised to use it. I'm the computer guy in my circles for the most part.

I was very put off by the stark differences in PSI 3 Beta. Chiefly my concern was the lack of options, which appears to result in a lack of features.

If the intention is that PSI is headed for broader, less sophisticated or adept users and thus needs to have the core functionality streamlined to gigantic centered buttons and 100pt fonts, then I would like to see a restoration of the Advanced Mode option found in version 1.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: interface too simple.
Member 26th Apr, 2012 09:27
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Have you examined the PSI 3.0 Beta 2 thread? We mentioned which features we have already added, and which features we plan to add in the next beta release:
http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/124...

Hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.