Forum Thread: Feature request

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
craigsn Feature request
Member 12th May, 2012 23:04
Ranking: 0
User Since: 8th Oct, 2009
System Score: N/A
I would like PSI to output the list of installed applications, so that when I need to reformat my PC and reinstall Windows, I just save the PSI application output list to some safe place, thumbdrive, cloud, etc. Then after installing windows, I install PSI, then load the list of my previously installed applications. At that point, I step thru all of them, and select whether I want them to be automatically installed now.

I think it is a killer feature request.
Thanks
Craig

This user no longer exists RE: Feature request
Member 14th May, 2012 10:42
Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion.

There is already a third-party site that does this. Keep in mind, however, that this site is not endorsed or supported by Secunia in any way. I cannot promise anything about this site at all: I just personally find it useful. The domain is http://ninite.com/ and you can use it at your own risk. This is not an endorsement.

Although it may be a bit out of the scope of the PSI, we do have a way of exporting a list of currently-installed applications in the PSI 2.0.

To do this, go to Configuration - Settings - API and click "Create PSI API Token". Here, you can choose a name and which information the API should provide access to. You can then access all installed programs in XML format.

Hope this helps.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.