|Tomwa||Streamlined is great but...|
|14th May, 2012 11:29|
User Since: 24th Apr, 2011
System Score: N/A
I'm all for change and everything but while the new interface is "Simple" it lacks the usability for technical users that it previously had. I've only spent a short time in the interface (Running it under a VM as to not conflict with my current installation) and I didn't get to see much (as my computer is fully up to date) but I could not find any way to:
1) View the vulnerabilities identified in the programs (would probably help if i had some out of date programs)
2) Select which drives to scan (Scanning my ~900GB partition of archives is totally unnecessary)
3) On the same note as above, ignore rules? Where are they?
4) What happened to the option to prompt the user when automatic updates are about to begin? I understand this isnt necessary for basic users but I'm not too happy about my software updating itself without me unless I've scheduled a task to do so.
5) You've separated plugins from the browsers (This actually doesn't affect "technical" users) which is great and all but don't you think most users won't connect Flash + Java with IE and FF? Or does the browsers vulnerability state change to reflect this?
6) History of software vulnerability no longer an option? I don't see it anywhere I was a big fan of the old bar graph though any indication of history would be nice. Furthermore, I didn't see a count of how many programs were installed which while trivial would be nice so if I miss the notifications (Are there still notifications??) of a programs addition/removal I would be able to identify that a program was added or removed.
7) I guess region info is dead, was kinda interesting IMHO but I guess if it's going away it's going away doesn't affect my ability to use the program.
As I stated at the beginning i've done VERY little testing with this so far, (I've only set it up in one of my secondary VMs which I use only for testing software) so if I missed anything blatant I do apologize feel free to disregard the mistake.
Love the program just don't forget those of us who actually know about vulnerabilities :)
|This user no longer exists||RE: Streamlined is great but...|
|14th May, 2012 12:12|
Are you using the latest beta?
We have already included an option to disable automatic updates and drive-selection, and ignore rules are an up-and-coming feature.
For more information, please see this thread: http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/124...
|Tomwa||RE: Streamlined is great but...|
|14th May, 2012 19:48|
User Since: 24th Apr 2011
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 14th May, 2012 19:49
|I am indeed using Beta 2 and it seems all my issues will be included in Beta 3.
Thank you for the info :)