Forum Thread: OpenOffice 3.4 is out!

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
OpenOffice.org
And, this specific program:
OpenOffice.org 3.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
Fulvio OpenOffice 3.4 is out!
Member 20th May, 2012 01:21
Ranking: 0
User Since: 18th Dec, 2008
System Score: N/A
Secunia let me know that there was a security update for OpenOffice.
I, finally, got it after nearly 24 hrs. of struggling.
The download from Secunia did nothing, when I clicked on it. It was 89 MB of the supposed 145. I went to the program itself, and, true to form, it told me that there were no updates.
The Secunia fix was only to let Secunia know that there was an update, no other purpose.
I went to openoffice.org, and it was all excited about OO 3.4. I started the download, and it stopped at 20 MB, but, at least it had the OO icon, unlike that download through Secunia. So, I dumped that partial download, and, finally, the entire 145 MB were downloaded.
After unpacking, and all sort of other steps, the installation was completed. And, rescanning made Secunia happy. Once again no insecure programs, but if anyone is having problem, do it again.
It may be a problem without high speed internet, but there is no other trick.
This time it is a real thing, and not an artificial one, as it has been before.

delraybuzz RE: OpenOffice 3.4 is out!
Member 22nd May, 2012 05:04
Score: 1
User Since: 6th Jan 2010
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 22nd May, 2012 05:08
I finally downloaded two files of Open Office, but neither one is from a known publisher, and I cannot scan them by right clicking. They also inform my I do not have "permission" to download as I am not the Administrator (although it does show I am the "owner") Also, for some reason, the original application went to Firefox, not Internet Explorer. When I clicked the green symbol for update, the small window claimed searching for update was unsuccessful as it "Could not establish network connection to update36.services.openoffice.org." I was online the entire time, without success in updating. I'm ready to delete the program and download it tomorrow from the original website! This seems absurd to me as I AM the Administrator and only user of this laptop! Is the problem Vista Home Premium, or the Open Office website? I have Vista 32, IE 9, Firefox

--
never too old to learn!
delraybuzz
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.