Forum Thread: Windows Update is not working after "Patchy Tuesday " Updates of May

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Microsoft
And, this specific program:
Microsoft Windows 7

This thread has been marked as locked.
babai_1986 Windows Update is not working after "Patchy Tuesday " Updates of May
Member 20th May, 2012 10:13
Ranking: 0
User Since: 20th May, 2012
System Score: N/A
Hi,
This is a clean Windows & Ultimate x64 install since my previous Windows installation got screwed after the May 12 2012 updates for Win 7. The Problem is I cannot update this Windows installation using the Windows Update Centre. It keeps throwing this error as I check for new updates:

Windows could not search for new Updates
An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer. > Try again

Error(s) found:
Code 8024402F Windows Update encountered an unknown error.

On the other hand, PSI gives me a System score of 98% on this 0day install. However it gives this message on the scan page:

Check that the Windows Update service is running on the Host and that you use the correct administrative login credentials.

NOTE: This means that certain Microsoft products for this Host, are listed with a potential incorrect security state. (ID: 20000).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Maurice Joyce RE: Windows Update is not working after "Patchy Tuesday " Updates of May
Handling Contributor 20th May, 2012 11:07
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Last edited on 20th May, 2012 11:21
Right Click on Action Centre in the Task Tray (white flag)>select Troubleshoot a problem>from the box that appears look for System & Security>under that header click Fix A Problem With Windows Update>from the box that appears first click Advanced (this will select an option to auto fix any update issues)>click Next & let it run

I assume your PC Date & Time are set correctly?

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+1
babai_1986 RE: Windows Update is not working after "Patchy Tuesday " Updates of May
Member 21st May, 2012 21:13
Score: 0
User Since: 20th May 2012
Thanks for taking the time to reply and help mate.
1. Time and Date is Correctly Set. :-)
2. Tried the steps outlined in your post. Windows troubleshooter reports problems found and fixed. However update still not working. :'(
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: Windows Update is not working after "Patchy Tuesday " Updates of May
Handling Contributor 23rd May, 2012 01:42
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
There is more advice on this issue here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/w...

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.