Forum Thread: 14 uninstalled MS patches/updates

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Open Discussions

This thread has been marked as locked.
watsitnow 14 uninstalled MS patches/updates
Member 15th Jun, 2012 17:51
Ranking: 0
User Since: 10th Mar, 2010
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 15th Jun, 2012 17:53

Secunia reports 5 needed patches/updates; MS reports 14 uninstalled; I show no successful update since May 9 (I did not install anything around that time, a usual MS question). ALL KB identifiers listed below.
I have unrestricted Automatic Updates on Win XP Home Edition with current SP3.

I show MS report that all are downloaded and none installed (that "all" = 14)

I have seen all 14 reported as installing when computer is shut down - this has happened on 2 occasions. Boot up next day shows nothing installed.

I am not advanced tech but smart and thorough and have 3 - 4 hours, including MS fix-it in at least 2 permutations, as far as I know every offering or diagnosis they produce for this. I have run download and now, install, multiple times.

My informal conclusion is Corrupt Windows Updater in Registry but have no proof nor any knowledge how to confirm OR how to fix if I am right (full system re-install rejected at this point.)

Here is list - I appreciate any guidance:
Review and Install Updates

Install Updates Download size (total): 0 KB *
Estimated time at your connection speed: 0 minutes *
(*Downloaded; ready to install)

Restore and Check Again Only selected updates will appear the next time you check for updates.

High-priority updates
Microsoft Windows XP

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB2656369)
Download size: 0 KB , 0 minutes (Downloaded; ready to install)
A security issue has been identified that could allow an authenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system. Details...
Don't show this update again

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008 x86 (KB2656370)
A security issue has been identified that could allow an authenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system. Details...

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB2686828)
A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system. Details...

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB2604092)
A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system. Details...

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB2604110)

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB2656407)
A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to break or bypass a security feature in the affected software. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system. Details...

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 on Windows XP, Server 2003, Vista, Server 2008 x86 (KB2604111)
Microsoft Office 2007

Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2597162)
A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft Office 2007 suites that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened. This update resolves that vulnerability. Details...

Security Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB2596917)
A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft Office Word 2007 that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened. This update resolves that vulnerability. Details...

Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (KB2597161)
A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft Office Excel 2007 that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened. This update resolves that vulnerability. Details...

Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596880)
A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft Office 2007 suites that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened. This update resolves that vulnerability. Details...

Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2597969)

Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596792)

Security Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites (KB2596672)

Maurice Joyce RE: 14 uninstalled MS patches/updates
Handling Contributor 15th Jun, 2012 19:12
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
System Score: N/A
Have U studied & used this tool?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404