Forum Thread: download different language

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
blindtiger01 download different language
Member 28th Jun, 2012 16:37
Ranking: 0
User Since: 28th Jun, 2012
System Score: N/A
I couldn't find a post that wasn't locked so I am posting a new one. I updated Google Chrome just a few minutes ago and it began to download what I assume is German. This is the second time PSI has done this, each time with a different program. I have gathered while reading some posts this has been a known issue. Obviously it still is. I have recommended PSI to almost everyone I know but I will no longer do that if this is going to continue to be an issue especially with the auto updater. There isn't a setting anywhere to set your default language. Of course, I had to uninstall Chrome and re install from Google which cleared my settings with it. I WAS NOT a happy camper.

This site is difficult to navigate to get any support so I'm hoping that support lies within the forums.

boerns RE: download different language
Member 30th Jun, 2012 12:42
Score: 0
User Since: 30th Jun 2012
Hi,

I read yesterday about new 3.0 Version ov PSI. I installed it today.

I have complete german installation. One PC wis Windows XP Pro and one with Windows 7 Ultimate. German Windows, german versions of all software installed.

Secunia found winamp to be outdated. I was asked for the langauge and choosed "Deutsch" which means german. I was asked twice, intil it began to download the update.

BTW, I dod not activate automatic updates so far.

The installation-Process was an english version and after finished, my winamp was english.

I downloaded manually winamp german installation file, installed it over the existing installation and are now back to german und updated programm. Bun did it all manually.

What is the benefit of the langauge support, if it doe not work?

To find out, which versions are outdated, filehippos Update checker is much more faster.

If Secunia wants to have more non english users of the software, fix PSI to really support other langauges.

Alexander
Was this reply relevant?
+0
steffens RE: download different language
Member 30th Jun, 2012 15:55
Score: 53
User Since: 25th Jul 2009
Secunia's updates aren't even that good for English... More than half the times I tried to use them, I ended up with the UK version instead of the US version. So I gave up, and went back to manual updates, because it meant less work for me in the long run.

Bottom Line: Specifying English language support is NOT sufficient... You need to be able to specify WHICH English!
-- EstherD
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.