Forum Thread: Correct shortcut to exe for ver.3?

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as resolved.
MikeB-Cda Correct shortcut to exe for ver.3?
Member 29th Jun, 2012 05:51
Ranking: 0
User Since: 29th Jun, 2012
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 29th Jun, 2012 05:53

I've newly installed ver. 3, after bad experiences with previous versions Icomplaints about bad Java applets or improper certificates, depending on whether I was scanning online or offline), and this one doesn't look too bad other than it's "loading" forever despite plenty of RAM and a good DSL connection, before results are viewable. Some kind of progress bar would be nice.

The installer unfortunately doesn't include creating a desktop shortcut. Since I don't intend having PSI start at bootup, but rather plan on doing a scan every week or two, to which exe should I create a shortcut via "send to desktop"? I'm currently using psi.exe, which seems to work OK, but should I be using psia instead?

Wandering off-topic, is there anywhere I can set forum-viewing preferences, which I could find no reference to anywhere? Normally, in forums where I've been active for years, that's somewhere in the profile section, but if that's here then I totally missed it. In particular, I find I have to zoom out 2x to view the full width of a page (no provision for scrolling), with the result that text is barely readable.

Thanks and best.

--
My name is Any Key. Please don't hit me.

Post "RE: Correct shortcut to exe for ver.3?" has been selected as an answer.
throkr. RE: Correct shortcut to exe for ver.3?
Contributor 30th Jun, 2012 04:03
Score: 139
User Since: 22nd Nov 2009
Last edited on 30th Jun, 2012 04:04
Psi.exe is the correct file for a shortcut; alternatively (Win 7), you could go to the start menu, find "Secunia PSI" and create a shortcut from there ... ;-)

--
Win 10 Pro x64

Malwarebytes Premium - Windows Defender - SAS Pro - Flexera PSI
Cyberfox (x64) - Waterfox (x64) - SRWare Iron (x64)

- All current versions & updates -
Was this reply relevant?
+2
MikeB-Cda RE: Correct shortcut to exe for ver.3?
Member 30th Jun, 2012 06:05
Score: 0
User Since: 29th Jun 2012
Thanks. Turns out it also goes into the XP start menu, didn't think to check there.

--
My name is Any Key. Please don't hit me.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.