Forum Thread: Surprised re update.

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as resolved.
MaritimeRider Surprised re update.
Member 2nd Jul, 2012 18:28
Ranking: 22
User Since: 15th Mar, 2009
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 2nd Jul, 2012 21:00

Had a problem downloading update but found the old version on my hard drive, deleted it and download went well. I had not used it for several mos . At first I detested the new PSI 3. Then I decided to give it a shot. Unless I am doing something wrong there is no back button ; also the only way I could access the forum was to open up the Secunia site and go from there. Will you attract more users? Only time will tell. I must profess however that it could be improved encorporating some aspects of the old. I do like the icons. This is more visable than scanning down a cluttered list. Not all users are computer experienced while some users have been around a long time. Keeping this in mind, both types of users should be considered when doing upgrades. I must say, I did like the speed of the scan. Oh, glad that Maurice and wr are still around. It is people like these that makes this forum A1.
For PSI, I can only give it a 5 on a scale of 1--10
RuthE
02/07/12
13:29hrs. DAST.

Post "RE: Surprised re update." has been selected as an answer.
Maurice Joyce RE: Surprised re update.
Handling Contributor 2nd Jul, 2012 22:16
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Ruth,
Can U give a bit more detail on where U are expecting a back button action?
Are U attempting to close the page with all the silly icons on displaying the programmes installed?

Please note the download links to older versions of Secunia below my Signature Block - Good insurance policy to save those downloads to your hard drive - could be very handy!!!

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0
MaritimeRider RE: Surprised re update.
Member 3rd Jul, 2012 16:18
Score: 22
User Since: 15th Mar 2009
Last edited on 3rd Jul, 2012 16:21
Good morning Maurice. I was looking for the back button to go to the home page and none available in the browser. I closed it out and opened the site again. If anyone is familiar with Revo Uninstaller, it uses the same format for icons. When I updated their site, only paid versions are available now. We should be grateful for the PSI program. It is easy to be critical but more difficult to give feedback for improvement. To the new users I can only say PSI is the best no matter what version. Have a good summer Just a sm. P.S.>> Can I access the forum from the site and if so How?
Ruth.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: Surprised re update.
Handling Contributor 3rd Jul, 2012 17:05
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Last edited on 3rd Jul, 2012 17:21
Ruth,
Revo Uninstaller remains available to download as can be seen here:

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_fr...

By default it shows icons but has a view option on the interface whereby it can be changed from/to Icons or list or details.

EDIT: Sorry just noted your PS.

On the PSI interface at the bottom is an option Secunia Community. By clicking the down arrow U will see Forum. Click that & it opens the browser to use the Forum.

The actual programme remains in the Taskbar so U can toggle back.

The facility is also available from the Programmes installed Page.

There is no option within the programme to toggle from the Programmes Installed Page to the Start (Home) Page.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+2

This thread has been marked as locked.