Forum Thread: Unable to install or Update

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
dvine2 Unable to install or Update
Member 10th Jul, 2012 11:57
Ranking: 0
User Since: 6th Sep, 2008
System Score: N/A
Hi. I tried to update to version 3 but the uninstaller failed to load and remove the older version. The program was not listed in Programs & features - Have removed all traces from the following areas:- Program Files, Start up, Task Manager/processes, and Registry HKEY_Current_ User/software, HKEY_local_machine/software.
Now every time I reboot the registry entries keep re appearing and I am unable to install any version as it keeps telling me an older version is installed. Have contacted support but they failed to reply to my reply email. Can anyone here help?.
Am using Windows VISTA
Many Thanks. Dave.

This user no longer exists RE: Unable to install or Update
Secunia Official 10th Jul, 2012 12:40
Hi
I have searched our system and found the reason that we missed your last email. You wrote at the bottom of the email, below all the previous conversation. Among all our other received emails it looked like an email with no added content, which we do for some reason receive from time to time.

We have now replied to your email.

This thread has been marked as locked.