Forum Thread: Multiple computers show results from most recently scanned computer

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
CSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
mexter Multiple computers show results from most recently scanned computer
Member 12th Jul, 2012 04:09
Ranking: 0
User Since: 9th Jun, 2009
System Score: N/A
Here's the issue in a nutshell. I have Secunia PSI (2.0) installed on roughly 200 machines. When I scan any given computer, the results of that scan will show up on any of the other 200 machines that I happen to look at. I'll often see the machines (not the source machine) scanning briefly just before, but it's clearly too short of a scan duration. (10-15 seconds instead of 2-3 minutes)

The network environment itself is a school intranet. Other departments also use PSI, but to the best of my knowledge I don't receive results based on scans external to us. The computers are all based on a sysprepped ghost build from about two years ago. However, I have also experienced the problem on machines not from that build (eg. a clean install).

My assumption is that the results are sent to Secunia and stored on a server there. When one of our machines "checks in" (as opposed to running a full scan) it grabs the last scan results from Secunia. Perhaps it's assuming that all of my machines are the same computer based on the network subnet?

Hopefully I'm making some sense here.

Anyway, has anybody else experienced this issue? Is there a solution?

This user no longer exists RE: Multiple computers show results from most recently scanned computer
Secunia Official 12th Jul, 2012 12:21
Hi
Are you a customer and CSI user with PSI integration? If so, I will move your thread to the CSI category so you can get support from our Customer Support Center.
mexter RE: Multiple computers show results from most recently scanned computer
Member 13th Jul, 2012 22:05
Score: 0
User Since: 9th Jun 2009
System Score: N/A
The university is, but I have so far opted not to use CSI. It is not installed on any of the machines in question.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This user no longer exists

RE: Multiple computers show results from most recently scanned computer
[+]
This reply has been deleted
This user no longer exists RE: Multiple computers show results from most recently scanned computer
Secunia Official 17th Jul, 2012 10:04
As you seem to be a customer who have purchased the CSI we have moved this thread to the CSI category so you can receive customer support.
Secunia Official 19th Jul, 2012 09:48
Hi,

I'm not sure I understand your scenario. Perhaps the best thing would be to send an email to csc@secunia.com and then we can have a look on how your environment looks and how the PSI works within your environment.

This thread has been marked as locked.