Forum Thread: PSI 3 says I never scanned

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
razzman67 PSI 3 says I never scanned
Member 12th Jul, 2012 17:06
Ranking: 0
User Since: 12th Jul, 2012
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 12th Jul, 2012 17:07

Today I opened the program and this was what I found; "Please run a scan. You might have outdated software. Last scan: Never. Scan now. This is not true because it scans as soon as you install it. Everything yesterday showed all my programs up to date. I did the scan it and got the same reply . Never scanned. What's with this. I've had this program for years no issues. You all change a nice format and it doesn't work from what I have read in this forum. Don't you all know the adage if it's not broke don't fix it. Either get me a fix or I'm done with it. I don't want useless programs on my computer.

adxltd RE: PSI 3 says I never scanned
Member 14th Jul, 2012 11:57
Score: 1
User Since: 31st Oct 2008
I too have seen this behaviour- twice now. First occurrance was on the 11th July.
Bob
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Jim Neely RE: PSI 3 says I never scanned
Member 14th Jul, 2012 22:05
Score: 0
User Since: 24th Jan 2008
I have the same problem. I started a scan and finally killed it after about 12 hours. It appeared to be in a loop.

jn
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: PSI 3 says I never scanned
Secunia Official 16th Jul, 2012 13:10
Please go through each step in this entry in the FAQ:
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...

Pay special attention to the part about "Secunia Update Agent" and "Secunia PSI Agent".

Resetting Internet Explorer to its default settings may also be worth a try if the above should fail.
adxltd RE: PSI 3 says I never scanned
Member 16th Jul, 2012 14:14
Score: 1
User Since: 31st Oct 2008
Followed this - all was as laid out, but Secunia Update Agent was not listed under services.msc ?????
Bob
Windows 7 SP1
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Jim Neely RE: PSI 3 says I never scanned
Member 16th Jul, 2012 17:45
Score: 0
User Since: 24th Jan 2008
I removed PSI 3, reinstalled PSI 2. PSI 2 would scan, but would not show the results.

I uninstalled PSI 2 and installed PSI 3 again. As it did the first time, it scanned and showed the results.

I made the only change necessary in the instructions.

We'll see what happens.

Thanks for the help.

jn
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.