Forum Thread: 3 won't scan

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
rnwells 3 won't scan
Member 12th Jul, 2012 20:52
Ranking: 0
User Since: 12th Jul, 2012
System Score: N/A
PSI 3 will not scan my XP system. Scan begins and hangs. I've reinstalled and have the same problem. 2 worked fine.

This user no longer exists RE: 3 won't scan
Secunia Official 13th Jul, 2012 09:46
Try to add https://*.secunia.com to your trusted sites in Internet Explorer. Does that help?
rnwells RE: 3 won't scan
Member 13th Jul, 2012 18:00
Score: 0
User Since: 12th Jul 2012
No, it did not help. I did recently reinstall IE 8. I have the Windows Firewall, MS Security Essentials, and a Cisco router as security.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
apapadop RE: 3 won't scan
Member 13th Jul, 2012 18:16
User Since: 22nd Apr 2011
on 13th Jul, 2012 18:00, rnwells wrote:
No, it did not help. I did recently reinstall IE 8. I have the Windows Firewall, MS Security Essentials, and a Cisco router as security.

Got same problem here. Win7 32-bit machine, v2 worked fine, v3 keeps showing a green taskbar icon but also popping up a "Please run a scan - you might have outdated software" window, saying the last scan was when I installed v3, 2nd of July 2012...

Clicking "scan now" only returns to the same screen after 20-30 seconds of deliberation - i.e. doesn't change anything.

Stuck in a rut - any ideas?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
apapadop RE: 3 won't scan
Member 13th Jul, 2012 18:17
User Since: 22nd Apr 2011
on 13th Jul, 2012 18:16, apapadop wrote:
Got same problem here. Win7 32-bit machine, v2 worked fine, v3 keeps showing a green taskbar icon but also popping up a "Please run a scan - you might have outdated software" window, saying the last scan was when I installed v3, 2nd of July 2012...

Clicking "scan now" only returns to the same screen after 20-30 seconds of deliberation - i.e. doesn't change anything.

Stuck in a rut - any ideas?

BTW adding secunia to IE's trusted sites doesn't seem to help.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
halinkc RE: 3 won't scan
Member 13th Jul, 2012 20:07
User Since: 13th Jul 2012
I have the same problem. Loads okay but when I tell it to scan it hangs forever. Runs at 100% system use and hangs. I run XP and Firefox. Version 2 worked fine.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: 3 won't scan
Secunia Official 16th Jul, 2012 08:43
Please go through each step in this entry in the FAQ:
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...

Pay special attention to the part about "Secunia Update Agent" and "Secunia PSI Agent".

Resetting Internet Explorer to its default setting may also be worth a try if the above should fail.

This thread has been marked as locked.