Forum Thread: Multiple PSI 3.0 issues

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
lymanp Multiple PSI 3.0 issues
Member 21st Jul, 2012 19:55
Ranking: 0
User Since: 19th Jul, 2012
System Score: N/A

I do not know if others have run into these issues:
1) PSI keeps telling me to update Opera 11.x when I have updated to Opera 12.x since it came out a few weeks back.
2) issue with Mozilla Firefox update. During the update the Opera icon on my desktop was deleted and replaced with a Firefox icon. Probably a Firefox updating issue but this has never occurred previously with other Firefox updates.
3) PSI tell me to manually update Crimson Editor, when I click on Update Manually I get a message saying the product is no longer supported. But PSI does not remember this and keeps telling me to manually update the software.

HP Mini 100
Atom N270 processor 1.6 GHz
1GB RAM
Win XP Home SP3
Default Browser: Opera 12

Maurice Joyce RE: Multiple PSI 3.0 issues
Handling Contributor 21st Jul, 2012 21:49
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Last edited on 21st Jul, 2012 22:38
1. What path does PSI give U for Opera 11?

Open PSI>once open select Show Programs.
U will now see a page full of programme icons.
Right click on the icon that represents the programme in error>select Show Details - that will open a box showing the path & version number of the offending file.
U now have 2 options:
a. Write down the exact file path & install version - return to the Forum & type that information.
b. Take a screen shot & publish that.

2. Sorry - no idea about that issue.

3. U are correct. This versions does not appear capable of differentiating between Totally Secure - Fully Patched but Vulnerable - Update Available - End of Life.

If U are happy to retain an End of Life programme U can always create an Ignore Rule.

Open PSI>Activate "Show Programs">From the list of Programme Icons that appear right click on the programme(s) you wish to ignore & select "Ignore Updates To This Program"

The icon will be moved from the main list & recreated at the bottom of the page under the heading "Programs That Do Not Receive Updates".

Any programme in this category can be returned the the main Program List with a right click & selection of "Don't Ignore Updates To This Program".

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0
lymanp RE: Multiple PSI 3.0 issues
Member 22nd Jul, 2012 16:09
Score: 0
User Since: 19th Jul 2012
Maurice,

Many Thanks for the quick reply.

Regarding issue 1), the details show it is pointing to a backup folder I have of my USB drive where I have that version of Opera for USB!

Issue Resolved.

Regarding issue 3), showing End of Life (or something similar is fine with me.

Thanks Again
Lyman
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.