Relating to this vendor:
And, this specific program:
Apple iTunes 10.x
|hansi3||I Tunes update|
|15th Aug, 2012 08:12|
User Since: 2nd Apr, 2009
System Score: N/A
|Why does PSI insist on updating my ITunes programme when I clearly say I do not want it and have removed it from my programmes. I can't get rid of it!|
|Maurice Joyce||RE: I Tunes update|
|15th Aug, 2012 12:02|
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
System Score: N/A
|PSI could well be finding files that were not removed during the uninstall. What path is it showing?
FINDING A FILE PATH USING PSI
From the DASHBOARD page click on SCAN RESULTS.
1. This will list all your programmes with a + to the left of each programme.
2. Click the + sign next to the item that U want help with.
3. This will reveal the path under DETECTED INSTANCES.
4. Below DETECTED INSTANCES you will see this You can double click this row for additional information & options>double click it>a box will appear>look to the RIGHT & U will see TROUBLESHOOT REPORT in BLUE writing under the heading TOOLBOX> click TroubleShoot Report & it will reveal some information in a box>highlight the information revealed from ---START--- to ---END--- & copy it (CTRL+C) then post it to the Forum (CTRL+V)
This version does not have such an easy method to publish the path.
Open PSI>once open select Show Programs.
U will now see a page full of programme icons or a list.
Right click on the programme in error>select Show Details - that will open a box showing the path & version number of the offending file.
U now have 2 options:
1. Write down the exact file path & install version - return to the Forum & type that information.
2. Take a screen shot & publish that.
Update 24 11:00 15/08/2012
Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only