Forum Thread: Hard to register here

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Open Discussions

This thread has been marked as locked.
kenneth27 Hard to register here
Member 16th Aug, 2012 09:42
Ranking: 0
User Since: 16th Aug, 2012
System Score: N/A
Wow. Given the nature of PSI (i.e., the stated goal of helping everyone get updated) one would expect it should be easy for a non-corporate user to get into the forum to deliver feedback on problems (such as endless looping, services marked for deletion, etc.), so why isn't it?

We start with a registration process that doesn't set forth a minimum size for the user name until AFTER the wannabe candidate tries one. Then and only then are the requirements for a user name set forth.

Ibid on the password but the requirements for entry into a forum for a free program are ABSURD! Am 18 character minimum size password? Even the US Army only requires 15! Do you really expect Joe the brick layer to remember an 18 character password for a free program forum he may attempt access to once every 5 months or so?

C'mon be a little more user friendly here and drop your password size down to 8 characters with no special characters needed. It isn't like the forums contain national secrets or banking access codes.

And while we are on the topic, isn't it about time someone here fixed the viewer incompatibility issue in these forums? Text just goes to the right and disappears beyond the borders of any browser, but there is NO slider bar to view the missing text with. How many more months will the staff here allow this (amateurish) viewer issue to continue? [LOL; Even the tab to post this is off somewhere to the right and tricks are needed to reach it.]

Leendert Kip Hard to register here
Contributor 16th Aug, 2012 10:24
Score: 137
User Since: 22nd Jan 2009
Last edited on 16th Aug, 2012 10:25
Hello Kenneth, I have a long time experience with PSI and I never had a problem with an account. You say that the password must be 18 characters? Absolutely not. My password always was 9 characters. And registration for a free product? No problem for me. The advantage is that you can set some data about your pc in your account what might be helpfull when others try to help you. In most cases data like operating system, IE version, other browsers etc. are very helpfull. See my technical data.

--
PC: PWA Computers
Intel Core I3 2100 3.1Ghz
Kingston DDR3 ValueRam 4GB 1333
Kingston SSD SV300S 240GB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bits SP1
Secunia PSI 3.0.0.11005
Internet Explorer 11
Mozilla Firefox 59.0.2NL
Google Chrome 66.0.3359.117

Laptop: MSI GT780DX
Intel Core I5-2450
DDR3 RAM 6GB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bits SP1
Secunia PSI 3.0.0.11005
Internet Explorer 11
Mozilla Firefox 59.0.2NL
Was this reply relevant?
+0
kenneth27 RE: Hard to register here
Member 16th Aug, 2012 16:09
Score: 0
User Since: 16th Aug 2012
It may have been a side effect of having to shrink the view so I could read the sign on screen, but it certainly looked like a 18 as the minimum password size. I began with an 8 character password only to get red lettering and an admonition to increase the size of the password to 18 characters.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.