Forum Thread: Pardon my rant!!

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
akoohy Pardon my rant!!
Member 29th Aug, 2012 19:40
Ranking: 1
User Since: 29th Aug, 2012
System Score: N/A
Since the release of PSI 3, Secunia has turned into a POC!! I have removed it from all of my XP computers, and probably will do the same with my Win 7 machines.

It has slowed the XP machines to a crawl, doesn't load on one and made Windows Update quit working on a third machine. Not what I expected.....................Version 2 works just fine.

Just a rant, I feel a little better now!

PNutts RE: Pardon my rant!!
Member 30th Aug, 2012 02:49
Score: 2
User Since: 30th Aug 2012
I'm right there with you. In fact, I specifically registered at this forum just now to see how others's experiences are. Right now I feel like my options are to roll back to ver. 2 or stop using it altogether. My great experiences as a long time ver. 2 user have made me stick it out through the ver. 3 beta and release. My patience has worn out. :)
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Caroli33 RE: Pardon my rant!!
Member 30th Aug, 2012 03:28
Score: 1
I am right there with you too.
Version 3.0 is for dummies. It is a giant leap backwards for previous Secunia 2.0 users. It takes forever to load, is mostly unconfigurable, and is generally a dumbed down shadow of its former self.
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Maurice Joyce RE: Pardon my rant!!
Handling Contributor 30th Aug, 2012 10:30
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Please be aware that Secunia have stated on this Forum that version 3 is not an upgrade to version 2.

It is aimed at Beginner Class users & those that do not object to third party vendors taking control of a remote PC by trying,where possible, to automatically update programmes that are vulnerable.

Version 1 & 2 remain fully supported.

Links to various alternatives are below my Signature Block.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+2
rhoneyman RE: Pardon my rant!!
Member 3rd Sep, 2012 02:07
User Since: 16th May 2012
then secunia completely blew it. psi 3.x implies an upgrade over psi 2.x. if the intent was to release a different product, don't call it psi. or, call it psi-lite. something. anything.

but now i understand and will continue with 2.x.
Was this reply relevant?
+1
akoohy RE: Pardon my rant!!
Member 3rd Sep, 2012 02:25
User Since: 29th Aug 2012
I have since "downgraded" to version 2 and things are back to normal (IMHO). You can bet I'll pay lots closer attention to future "upgrades"
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Caroli33 RE: Pardon my rant!!
Member 3rd Sep, 2012 05:33
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.