Forum Thread: Secunia keeps informing me of 'insecure program'

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

This thread has been marked as locked.
sph92173 Secunia keeps informing me of 'insecure program'
Member 10th Feb, 2009 11:34
Ranking: 0
User Since: 21st Jan, 2009
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 10th Feb, 2009 11:35

I am using this software under the excellent advice I received from the Help2Go forum. They assisted me in rebuilding my system. They suggested this site to make certain that my software loaded is GOOD. I keep getting a scan result that tells me that one of my Browser programs is insecure - it's out-dated (I have 3.0.5 the scan tells me, when I AM POSITIVE I have 3.0.6). Secunia suggest downloading 3.0.6. I even tried to appease Secunia, but she's a broken record!!! No matter how many times I let her download 3.0.6, she's still not happy and refuses to see the that I have done this!!! I have tried running two or three different scans with Secunia, ran 'SmartDefrag' COMPLETELY, and every module of 'Advance System Care' has been gone thru. STILL, I get the same result. 'Add/Remove Programs' with Windows recognizes 3.0.6, why won't Secunia??? That's kind of annoying, you know ...

This user no longer exists RE: Secunia keeps informing me of 'insecure program'
Secunia Official 10th Feb, 2009 13:06
Hi

You might have some remains of 3.0.5 on your computer somewhere.

Switch to Advanced interface to find the path of the program.

Morten Hansen
sph92173 RE: Secunia keeps informing me of 'insecure program'
Member 11th Feb, 2009 10:33
Score: 0
User Since: 21st Jan 2009
System Score: N/A
I have set this to 'ignore' already. I was already using 'Advanced', even though I am basic.Advanced give you more choices, some of which I understood ...
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.