Forum Thread: Last system scan - NEVER

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
JonIrenicus3 Last system scan - NEVER
Member 12th Sep, 2012 09:25
Ranking: 0
User Since: 19th May, 2012
System Score: N/A
Not first time I notice red tray icon of PSI when I logon. I double click it and what I see - "Last system scan NEVER. Why never? I scan my software minimum 1 time a week. PSI cannot remember it?

idnnyc RE: Last system scan - NEVER
Member 12th Sep, 2012 22:51
Score: 0
User Since: 6th Jun 2010
Last edited on 12th Sep, 2012 22:52
I have the same problem (again). It says "All programs are up to date" whenever I move my mouse over the Secunia icon, but the icon is red and when I open Secunia I get a message that says "Last System Scan Never." I create a topic a couple of months ago when it happened the first time and the topic only received one response. Updating to version 3.0.0.3001 (the version I have installed now) from version 2.0.0.4003 fix the problem the first time around. Since the update fixed the problem, I assumed Secunia needed to be updated. If that was in fact the case, then there should be an update FEATURE to update Secunia. Not the programs on your computer, but Secunia itself. Now I have the same problem again. I tried running a scan, shutting down PSI and then loading it again--same problem. I really don't know what to do now.

--
idnnyc
Was this reply relevant?
+0
idnnyc RE: Last system scan - NEVER
Member 13th Sep, 2012 01:02
User Since: 6th Jun 2010
Well, turns out that I had an "older version" of PSI installed. I updated to the newer version--problem fixed. PSI should notify users that the program needs to be updated instead of having them think there is something wrong with the program with the "Last system scan never" message.

--
idnnyc
Was this reply relevant?
+0
JonIrenicus3 RE: Last system scan - NEVER
Member 13th Sep, 2012 12:02
User Since: 19th May 2012
I have last version - 3.0.0.3001. But still get this notification...
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Last system scan - NEVER
Secunia Official 13th Sep, 2012 12:16
This issue may require some troubleshooting. Please feel free to contact Secunia Support at support@secunia.com. We will then do our best to examine the issue further.
kforsythe RE: Last system scan - NEVER
Member 13th Sep, 2012 17:23
User Since: 13th Sep 2012
Last edited on 14th Sep, 2012 14:23
I had the same problem. I have NoScript (a firefox add on that blocks scripts when not specifically allowed) installed, and when I came to this site, I "allowed" secunia.com. After restarting the computer, rescanning, and restarting again, it now seems to be working properly.

If you have NoScript, or something else that blocks scripts from websites you have not specifically allowed, that may be the problem.

EDITED - Sorry, I thought the problem was fixed, but I was incorrect. If this is a fix at all, it is only partial or temporary.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
blueline107 RE: Last system scan - NEVER
Member 14th Sep, 2012 18:05
Score: 4
User Since: 19th Sep 2009
Exact same problem here on a laptop (64b Win 7) first noticed a few weeks ago. However, no problem with my PC (also a Win 7 64b).
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.