Forum Thread: install updates automatically

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
Speaker1355 install updates automatically
Member 13th Oct, 2012 12:45
Ranking: 0
User Since: 19th Sep, 2011
System Score: N/A
install updates automatically does not work, in psi,
for example the latest update for firefox 16 - i waited 20 minutes nothing happened,( psi still busy downloading) so i downloaded myself, only took few minutes

progan01 RE: Firefox version lag
Member 14th Oct, 2012 19:48
Score: 0
User Since: 25th Oct 2010
Mozilla has released two updates for Firefox the first week of October 2012. The first was to Firefox 16.0 and the second to Firefox 16.0.1. Though I have the latest update, PSI 3.0 insists I upgrade to Firefox 15.0 manually.

A couple of days lag I could understand. A week, and I wonder who, if anybody, is updating the product database. My confidence in Secunia PSI and its staff diminishes daily. Were this an obscure utility or game, and not one of the most popular Web browsers, the delay might be tolerable. Not this. I would like to see this problem resolved, please.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: install updates automatically
Secunia Official 15th Oct, 2012 15:03
@progan01
I suggest you follow this entry in our FAQ to find the old Firefox on your computer.
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...

It sounds as if your issue is not identical to the issue described by the creator of this thread. So if you have any further comments, then please create your own thread. You are of course also welcome to contact Secunia Support directly at support@secunia.com.
progan01 RE: install updates automatically
Member 16th Oct, 2012 00:14
Score: 0
User Since: 25th Oct 2010
For the record, Secunia PSI v. 3.0 identifies the 'old' version of Firefox in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

However, Properties identifies this file as version 16.0.1. Not Mozilla Firefox 15.X as PSI insists, erroneously.

My original observation remains. I shall make a new thread on this problem as indicated. I trust someone will take my complaint seriously.
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.