Forum Thread: Adobe, now 'married' to Microsoft, moves Flash updates to Patch T...

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Open Discussions

This thread has been marked as resolved.
SteveSecunia14 Adobe, now 'married' to Microsoft, moves Flash updates to Patch Tuesday
Member 10th Nov, 2012 01:37
Ranking: 4
User Since: 10th Oct, 2012
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 10th Nov, 2012 01:40

11.07.2012 1:05 PM

Adobe on Tuesday announced that it will pair future security updates for its popular Flash Player with Microsoft's Patch Tuesday schedule.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2013627/adobe-now-m...

Post "RE: Adobe, now 'married' to Microsoft, moves Flash updates to Patch Tuesday" has been selected as an answer.
progan01 RE: Adobe, now 'married' to Microsoft, moves Flash updates to Patch Tuesday
Member 12th Nov, 2012 02:39
Score: 0
User Since: 25th Oct 2010
Is this why PSI 3.0 tells me Flash needs updating but doesn't read the downloaded update as new? Does Secunia intend to address this matter?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
SteveSecunia14 RE: Adobe, now 'married' to Microsoft, moves Flash updates to Patch Tuesday
Member 12th Nov, 2012 18:40
Score: 4
User Since: 10th Oct 2012
Last edited on 12th Nov, 2012 18:42
The article is intended for windows 8 users because of this issue.

The two companies' unsynchronized patching became an issue after Microsoft announced it would bake Flash Player into IE10 for Windows 8 and its tablet spin-off, Windows RT.

Does Secunia intend to address this matter? I'm sure they are aware of this.

Is this why PSI 3.0 tells me Flash needs updating but doesn't read the downloaded update as new? No.

When the PSI is having a problem updating a program for reasons unknown.
I've found that running a manual install and rescan of that program is the quickest solution.
Most of the time.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
progan01 RE: Adobe, now 'married' to Microsoft, moves Flash updates to Patch Tuesday
Member 13th Nov, 2012 04:03
Score: 0
User Since: 25th Oct 2010
I have now manually downloaded and installed the latest Flash player and rescanned three times. The result is still negative.

Either the Win7 version of Flash isn't the same as the Secunia database is tracking, or there is some other missmatch of criteria the above procedure does not address.

What else ya got?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
SteveSecunia14 RE: Adobe, now 'married' to Microsoft, moves Flash updates to Patch Tuesday
Member 13th Nov, 2012 07:33
Last edited on 13th Nov, 2012 08:25
IE10 on Windows 7, which Microsoft has pledged to release as a preview by mid-November, will not include an integrated version of Flash, but will rely on the traditional plug-in.

Secunia is constantly updating their database signatures for adobe flash.
it is an on going issue.

Adobe flash will show as patched after a scan one time. Then after another scan not be diplayed. This all depends on how quick secunia updates thier database.

I don't use version 3.0 had problems. Whent back to version 2.0.0.4003 no more problems.

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: Adobe, now 'married' to Microsoft, moves Flash updates to Patch Tuesday
Handling Contributor 13th Nov, 2012 10:16
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Last edited on 13th Nov, 2012 11:35
Adobe Flash is showing correctly using Windows 7 32Bit or 64Bit OS.If PSI finds a vulnerability (older file) it shows the path to it as follows:

Open PSI>once open select Show Programs.
U will now see a page full of programme icons or a list.
Right click on the programme in error>select Show Details - that will open a box showing the path & version number of the offending file.
U now have 2 options:
1. Write down the exact file path & install version - return to the Forum & type that information.
2. Take a screen shot & publish that.

Example here of the requirement:

https://akkkug.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p1sBSDeyMld...

Download link for IE10 are here:
http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/info/downloads/D...

PSI will almost certainly not pick up IE10 preview for Windows 7 as it may well consider it a BETA version.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 13th Nov, 2012 16:38
PSI will almost certainly not pick up IE10 preview for Windows 7 as it may well consider it a BETA version.

@Maurice
Thanks for the PSI info.

I know the rest of the info posted. I'll just get right to that procedure next time.
Members should read the whole article on this subject. I created this thread for information purposes only. Didn't think it would get any posts.

Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.