Forum Thread: PSI Profile filled out with spam email (other users reporting thi...

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as resolved.
hakong PSI Profile filled out with spam email (other users reporting this too)
Member 28th Nov, 2012 18:12
Ranking: 0
User Since: 28th Nov, 2012
System Score: N/A
So my profile info got filled out with a random username and a spam email, namely "isdiskati" and "pingxiaku706@21cn.com".
Another user reported this happening to him too, see this thread: http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/135...

Oh, my profile is also now some weird stuff too

User "lluscapplemarce"
email "steel4000@126.com"

Scary, what now?

Z

Post "RE: PSI Profile filled out with spam email (other users reporting this too)" has been selected as an answer.
TomZzz RE: PSI Profile filled out with spam email (other users reporting this too)
Member 28th Nov, 2012 19:10
Score: 5
User Since: 7th Nov 2012
System Score: N/A
I am the other person to report this ....

I tried clearing the secunia username field in the registry, it was not my new (where the heck did it come from) user name, it appeared encoded in some way. Anyway, I deleted it and rebooted and the bad user name persisted.

The is kinda scary, can some Secunia employee or experienced users explain this?

Note: I have temporarily killed all Secunia PSI processes until this is understood.

Z
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.