Forum Thread: Uninstall PSI

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
sybren Uninstall PSI
Member 9th Dec, 2012 16:16
Ranking: 0
User Since: 9th Dec, 2012
System Score: N/A
I have a problem with uninstalling PSI. The problem is that it is not possible to uninstall PSI version 3.0.0.4001. Ive tried to uninstall PSI with CCleaner and with to normal way of program uninstaller with Windows 8. Now ive also tried to uninstall it with Revo Uninstaller but it also doesnt work. The uninstaller wont start and there is even no errormessage.

Ive downloaded the newest version of psi but if i want to install this version i have to uninstall it first. The automatic startup in this installprogram doesnt work, same problem.

now what?
thanks.

OS Windows 8

Maurice Joyce RE: Uninstall PSI
Handling Contributor 9th Dec, 2012 20:05
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
I am a little confused on what you are trying to do. There is no requirement to uninstall any version of PSI before installing a new version.

PSI has its own uninstaller which removes the "old" version before installing the new.

Have you tried this?

In the unlikely event of this failing have you tried to activate the uninstaller via Windows Explorer?

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0
sybren RE: Uninstall PSI
Member 9th Dec, 2012 20:29
Score: 0
User Since: 9th Dec 2012
Yes. Ive tried to uninstall it the normal way, with its link and in the map of PSI windows explorer.
When it opens the uninstaller, it doesnt do anything. Ive also tried to uninstall it as a administrator. Ive also installed PSI on the laptop of my girlfriend and i also cannot uninstall psi. The uninstaller doesnt work.

And if you want to install psi again, the installer wants to remove the old version first. After clicking on the next step it wont do anything. So i cant install PSI.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Handling Contributor 9th Dec, 2012 21:47
Thank you for the explanation. I cannot do any tests for you to help further because I do not have Windows 8.

Hopefully Secunia Support will be able to help tomorrow.

--
Maurice

16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Uninstall PSI
Secunia Official 10th Dec, 2012 12:02
Last edited on 10th Dec, 2012 12:06
Member 12th Dec, 2012 17:40
First ive opened the taskmanager, closed all psi or secunia programs and then i tried to uninstall psi. I wont work, the uninstaller wont open. When i check my taskmanager, i see that the process uninstall psi is visible, but it wont work.
Same problem with my girlfriends laptop, windows 7, pretty new laptop, wont uninstall, uninstaller doesnt work. Also i wont uninstall with revo uninstaller.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Handling Contributor 12th Dec, 2012 17:51
There should be no issues with Windows 7. By chance Secunia have issued a new release for version 3.

Click this link:

http://secunia.com/PSISetup.exe

Just follow any prompts during the auto uninstall/reinstall. If it does not work what error message(s) did you receive?

--
Maurice

16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 12th Dec, 2012 18:41
I already tried this, but i did it again this time. I open setup and in a certain time in the setup it detects thats a version of psi is installed. Than i have to click next to uninstall this version, the first time the setup screen disapears but after a few seconds it pops up and i see the same setup which ask to click next to uninstall the older version. When i click next, it wont react. Only the possibility to click but it wont do anything.

And on windows 7 it also doenst work, ive tried it several times.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Handling Contributor 12th Dec, 2012 19:01
What happens when you try to manually delete the programme via Windows Explorer?

--
Maurice

16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.