Forum Thread: Loading screen and blastcln.exe issues

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Microsoft
And, this specific program:
Microsoft Removal Tool: Blaster/Nachi

This thread has been marked as resolved.
Oldwisewiz Loading screen and blastcln.exe issues
Member 16th Dec, 2012 23:07
Ranking: 2
User Since: 16th Dec, 2012
System Score: N/A
Could we get some info on why the Loading screen for PSI takes almost two full minutes before we see anything else? And isn't there a better resolution for the blastcln.exe problem -- PSI keeps reporting it as end-of-life, but if it was installed by the XP SP3 package, when we delete it, Windows puts it back -- than just to close the thread on discussion of the problem?

--
Wisewiz
To those who know nothing about computing, those with even a little knowledge seem like wizards.

Post "RE: Loading screen and blastcln.exe issues" has been selected as an answer.
Maurice Joyce RE: Loading screen and blastcln.exe issues
Handling Contributor 17th Dec, 2012 02:42
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Secunia only offer a download link to any programme on their database which has a vulnerability. They belatedly declared blastcln.exe End of Life fairly recently.

Ideas on what to do are well documented on the Forum & can be viewed and actioned from here:

https://secunia.com/community/forum/all_threads/?f...

Threads are locked by originators as & when they are satisfied with any solution offered or automatically after 7 days if there has been no activity.

If all the readable threads on this subject does not meet an individual requirement then the solution lies with Microsoft Support or your OEM.

Which version of PSI are you reporting as slow?

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+1
Oldwisewiz RE: Loading screen and blastcln.exe issues
Member 17th Dec, 2012 04:08
Score: 2
User Since: 16th Dec 2012
Thanks for setting me straight, Maurice.

I have now read all of the other relevant posts and replies, and I will choose one of the available alternatives.

Re: the two-minute wait for the Loading... screen to go away, I'm using 3.0.0.2004, and I really like and trust the software. I just find that initial wait (I thought I saw a comment about it from another forum participant, but I don't see it now) very long, and not typical of all versions. Maybe it'll go away in the next version.

Thanks again for your reply to my first post.

--
Wisewiz
To those who know nothing about computing, those with even a little knowledge seem like wizards.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: Loading screen and blastcln.exe issues
Handling Contributor 17th Dec, 2012 10:31
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Last edited on 17th Dec, 2012 10:50
Worth trying the latest version 3 (3.0.0.6001). I am not aware that Secunia ever published version 3.0.0.2004.

If you want to install it click this link http://secunia.com/PSISetup.exe

and follow the prompts. There is no requirement to manually uninstall the old version.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 17th Dec, 2012 14:48
Well, my friend, I couldn't find anywhere else to look within the program, so I checked the version tabs on the Properties panels of all four executables (psi, psi_tray, sua, and psia), and every one of them said 3.0.0.2004.

I'll try the version you linked for me, and I'll add one more post (a report) to the thread, if that's okay

--
Wisewiz
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 17th Dec, 2012 15:50
Okay, I updated to the 6001 (and all of the executables now say 3.0.0.6002, not -2004), and the time average for four tries of the launch is 37 seconds for the Loading... screen. Beats the heck out of the 120+-second wait I had before.

Many thanks. I'm going to start a new thread, to get away from this old topic, cuz the new question has nothing to do with the Loading... screen or blastcln.

Thanks again.

--
Wisewiz
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.