Forum Thread: PSI found only 2 programms instead of about 95

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
bfri0 PSI found only 2 programms instead of about 95
Member 28th Dec, 2012 12:42
Ranking: 0
User Since: 28th Dec, 2012
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 28th Dec, 2012 12:43

Since a couple of days psi tells me that my 2 (!) programms are up to date. Before the result was given for about 95 which is still the correct number of installed programms. Why can this happen? I'm working with Win7 Pro, SP1. My tried steps were deleting and reinstalling the PSI as well as e rescan after a reboot. Who can give me an advice?

This user no longer exists RE: PSI found only 2 programms instead of about 95
Secunia Official 28th Dec, 2012 15:14
Last edited on 28th Dec, 2012 15:15 I'm not sure I have heard of this exact issue before. Can you please let us know which version of the PSI you are using? Are you getting any sort of error messages from the PSI?

If the issue continues it might be worth going through the steps in this FAQ entry.
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...
bfri0 RE: PSI found only 2 programms instead of about 95
Member 28th Dec, 2012 16:00
Score: 0
User Since: 28th Dec 2012
Last edited on 28th Dec, 2012 21:23
After the first time the problem apeared i installed the newest version (3.0.0.6001) hoping it would solve the bug. Before it was most probable the version 3.0.0.4001

In the meanwhile I checked the hints given on the link you enclosed in your reply. Unfortunately there was no change in the result.

PSI never gave any error-code whatsoever, it is just the result that is illogic. Maybe you have another idea?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: PSI found only 2 programms instead of about 95
Secunia Official 2nd Jan, 2013 10:27
Last edited on 2nd Jan, 2013 10:30 Did you notice anything unusual with the "Secunia Update Agent" and "Secunia PSI Agent" when you followed the FAQ? If not, then please send a screenshot from your PSI directly to Secunia Support at support@secunia.com. We will then try to troubleshoot the issue from there.
bfri0 RE: PSI found only 2 programms instead of about 95
Member 2nd Jan, 2013 10:54
Score: 0
User Since: 28th Dec 2012
Last edited on 2nd Jan, 2013 10:55
The Problem disapeared!
I do not exaktly know what happend but after uninstalling secunia psi and deleting all registry-entries with the keywords "secunia" as well as reseting the "Internet Options > Security tab" to the standard I reinstalled the program. After the first scan psi showed again only 2 programs. A little while later i installed two new programs and then the funny thing happend: PSI said that all 4 programs are up to date. SoI rescaned the whole system and the result was: All your 95 programs are up to date!
Finnaly: I say thanks for the help.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.