Relating to this vendor:
And, this specific program:
Adobe Acrobat 5.x
|Krischu||Acrobat Reader 5.x needs updating but sticks|
|13th Jan, 2013 13:00|
User Since: 30th Jul, 2010
System Score: N/A
PSI 3.0 tells me to update Acrobat Adobe Reader 5.0 (?) I sownloaded the 184.108.40.206 update several times now. no change.
Does PSI find some old installation of Acrobat Reader 5.0 in my system?
How do I locate it?
|Maurice Joyce||RE: Acrobat Reader 5.x needs updating but sticks|
|13th Jan, 2013 16:10|
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
System Score: N/A
|This is how you find the path PSI is giving you,
FINDING A FILE PATH USING PSI
From the DASHBOARD page click on SCAN RESULTS.
1. This will list all your programmes with a + to the left of each programme.
2. Click the + sign next to the item that U want help with.
3. This will reveal the path under DETECTED INSTANCES.
4. Below DETECTED INSTANCES you will see this You can double click this row for additional information & options>double click it>a box will appear>look to the RIGHT & U will see TROUBLESHOOT REPORT in BLUE writing under the heading TOOLBOX> click TroubleShoot Report & it will reveal some information in a box>highlight the information revealed from ---START--- to ---END--- & copy it (CTRL+C) then post it to the Forum (CTRL+V)
This version does not have such an easy method to publish the path.
Open PSI>once open select Show Programs.
U will now see a page full of programme icons or a list.
Right click on the programme in error>select Show Details - that will open a box showing the path & version number of the offending file.
U now have 2 options:
1. Write down the exact file path & install version - return to the Forum & type that information.
2. Take a screen shot & publish that.
Once you locate the offending file(s) right click & delete them. After a full PSI rescan all should be in order.
Last Reviewed 15:06 13/01/2013
Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only