Forum Thread: unexpected restart

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
Terradon unexpected restart
Member 16th Jan, 2013 16:26
Ranking: 9
User Since: 24th Sep, 2009
System Score: N/A
This AM I started PSI (3.0.0.2004) specifically to check on Java. First, I was surprised that Java was not listed in either Up-to-date or Programs that need updating. I knew that I had recently installed Java for a website, so I was surprised that it was not detected. I opened IE9 and Java was installed and enabled. Openning Firefox found the same, but with the warning that Java had to be updated before it could be used. I clicked Scan again and Oracle Java JRE was now in the Needs Updating section.

I clicked to Update. During the update, the screen turned black and the system rebooted. Now Oracle Java JRE is shown as Up-to-date. It seems that the system needed rebooting to finish the update. That is understandable. What is not acceptable is the unexpected, forced reboot. Had I known it was impending, I would have saved documents and exited the open programs more gracefully than the forced reboot.

--
Don
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
Intel Core 2Quad 8GB RAM 1000mb lan to cable

This user no longer exists RE: unexpected restart
Secunia Official 17th Jan, 2013 13:11

This thread has been marked as locked.