Forum Thread: Another PSI not working report

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
lampoilman Another PSI not working report
Member 9th Feb, 2013 04:29
Ranking: 0
User Since: 9th Feb, 2013
System Score: N/A
Like a dozen other users posting here PSI hasn't worked for me for several days either. If it is a server problem the next version of PSI should report "Unable to connect to Secunia" instead of just sitting with a frozen splash screen

17larry RE: Another PSI not working report
Member 9th Feb, 2013 06:06
Score: 2
User Since: 16th Oct 2008
Last edited on 9th Feb, 2013 06:07
Extremely good idea and while you're at it, make the bar icon go yellow instead of red if it can't connect. I would also like to see a progress bar when waiting after clicking OPEN PSI from the task bar so that I know the program is doing something instead of just not working.

Minor coding improvements that would eliminate a lot of waiting and wondering at our end and make the program more efficient.
Was this reply relevant?
+2
bigall RE: Another PSI not working report
Member 9th Feb, 2013 12:26
User Since: 12th Oct 2012
Totally agree with the above comments. Yesterday (08/02/13) the Secunia icon was displaying red indicating that something needed updating, but when I hovered my mouse over it, the message "All programs are up to date". So I double clicked on the icon. Up came the programme informing me that it was loading. 5 mins later nothing had happened. Re startted the computer and tried again, with the same result.
So, I deleted the whole Secunia programme and re-loaded it. Yet again it failed to work. So I deleted it again and being as it was late, switched off my laptop and went to bed. This morning, switched on, downloaded the programme and guess what? It worked.
Please Secunia, give us some indication that the programme is or isn't working.
Was this reply relevant?
+2
This user no longer exists RE: Another PSI not working report
Secunia Official 11th Feb, 2013 15:58
Hi
We had a server issue which has now been fixed.

The PSI might have to be closed completely down, that meaning the PSI window and tray icon.
lange99 RE: Another PSI not working report
Member 11th Feb, 2013 17:14
Score: 4
User Since: 28th Dec 2012
on 11th Feb, 2013 15:58, wrote:
Hi
We had a server issue which has now been fixed.

The PSI might have to be closed completely down, that meaning the PSI window and tray icon.

I understand that the server problems were the cause, but I hope that you and the other people at Secunia will give due consideration to the suggestions made in the above posts.

They make good sense and would result in an improvement of your program !!!

Thanks in advance and regards - Lange99

--

Windows 7
IE 8
Secunia 3.0.0.4001
(and 2.0.0.3003 on other machine with XP Home)
Was this reply relevant?
+2
WhatsupNow RE: Another PSI not working report
Member 11th Feb, 2013 23:18
User Since: 16th Dec 2008
All I ask of a company is they give me a heads up and be honest with me. I may grumble things are broken but if I spend a lot of time thinking my equipment is causing the problem and it is a server problem I am mad.
If Secunia had posted a note "We are having server problem will post updates and when fixed" is all I require.

That shows me a company cares about customers and are professional when things go wrong.
Was this reply relevant?
+1
RuthE RE: Another PSI not working report
Member 12th Feb, 2013 06:17
Score: 3
User Since: 27th Mar 2009
Once you have been a member for awhile you will discover that many issues have been dealt with in the Q and A site. You will know when the program has frozen. Check the section first. Psi deserves credit for a program that is not only free but responds to the user. I agree with the suggestions and am not sure why this was never done in the past but a cost factor may be a reason, I truly don't know.I use it for what it was intended. If it freezes, I wait and it gets fixed in a timely manner. I would hope that it is noted by the secunia staff before a user has to be the notifier.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Another PSI not working report
Secunia Official 12th Feb, 2013 09:32
Hi
Thank you all for your feedback.

We are currently working on a solution to inform the users know when we are experiencing server issues.

This thread has been marked as locked.