Forum Thread: Adobe Flash not being listed

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
rd52 Adobe Flash not being listed
Member 9th Feb, 2013 16:35
Ranking: 21
User Since: 4th Dec, 2008
System Score: N/A
After reading a notice from Kim Komando about a new version of Flash, I updated and installed to the most secure newest version. Now my Secunia doesn't show Adobe Flash listed in my programs that are installed, Any others having this problem?

Mynah Bird RE: Adobe Flash not being listed
Member 9th Feb, 2013 17:40
Score: 8
User Since: 26th Apr 2012
My Active X Adobe flash was no longer listed after the recent update, then it reappeared briefly yesterday and now it's gone again. This has been the pattern for the past month or so.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: Adobe Flash not being listed
Handling Contributor 9th Feb, 2013 17:41
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
There are problems with displaying Adobe Flash. Secunia Support arerking on the problem.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0
MartinD RE: Adobe Flash not being listed
Member 10th Feb, 2013 10:37
Score: 0
User Since: 25th Mar 2009
Yes. In my case, the Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin for Firefox is listed (in main Scan Results and Secure Browsing), but the installed and enabled ActiveX control with IE9 for the same Flash Player version is ignored in both result locations. (I keep both browsers so I may switch if one has problems.) Therefore, after updating just the Firefox Plugin and temporarily ignoring the IE ActiveX control, PSI 2.0.0.3003 indicates a 100% System Score, despite reports (SA52116, CVE-2013-0633, Adobe Security Bulletin APSB13-04) indicating a Secunia severity rating of "Extremely Critical (5 of 5)", and Adobe reporting (http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/ap...) that the vulnerability "is being exploited in the wild in targeted attacks" and "The exploit for CVE-2013-0633 targets the ActiveX version of Flash Player on Windows". If there are ongoing problems recognizing the Flash Player ActiveX control, PSI is currently disregarding one of the most commonly used, but unfortunately also frequently and severely vulnerable programs.

--
Martin
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.