Forum Thread: PSI "an older version has been found" each time I install PSI fro...

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
dreifeld.ch PSI "an older version has been found" each time I install PSI from you download host
Member 21st Feb, 2013 07:16
Ranking: 0
User Since: 13th Jul, 2010
System Score: N/A
Hi there, since a couple of weeks I regularly install PSI from your download host because each time I run the installer it tells me "an oler version has been found".
Is this true? Has so many newer version been released that I would almost be able to install an update every day?
Either an autoupdate of your own product would be very conveninent, or even an update message that a new release has been issued.

This user no longer exists RE: PSI "an older version has been found" each time I install PSI from you download host
Secunia Official 21st Feb, 2013 14:19
Last edited on 21st Feb, 2013 14:20 When running the PSI installer it will uninstall any currently installed PSI version prior to installing the new version. Is that what you are experiencing?

At the moment updates for the PSI are handled just like updates for any other program, but we are looking into the option of adding the functionality to manually check for updates.

The PSI changelog is available at this page:
http://secunia.com/products/consumer/PSI/sys_req/

dreifeld.ch RE: PSI "an older version has been found" each time I install PSI from you download host
Member 21st Feb, 2013 14:30
Score: 0
User Since: 13th Jul 2010
System Score: N/A
Yes, that's wat I am experiencing. When running the PSI installer it shurely checks for a previously installed one. But the message does not tell me that PSI is already installed, but tells me that an older version was found. This lets me take to the conclusion that an updated version has been published. And so many updates within the last view weesk?
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.