Forum Thread: PSI 3.0 not loading

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
djfro PSI 3.0 not loading
Member 5th Mar, 2013 17:19
Ranking: 2
User Since: 5th Mar, 2013
System Score: N/A
I just purchased a new laptop (HP running Windows 8 & Firefox) and cannot get PSI to load. It downloads the program but, when I try to open it, the "load screen" freezes.
HELP

Maurice Joyce RE: PSI 3.0 not loading
Handling Contributor 5th Mar, 2013 17:24
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Last edited on 5th Mar, 2013 17:29
Closing it to tasktray & then reactivating it normally gets it going.

EDIT:

If that is not successful worth looking at your browser settings to check they are set up correctly noting this detail:

http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0
JCS RE: PSI 3.0 not loading
Member 6th Mar, 2013 20:54
Score: 0
User Since: 29th Feb 2008
on 5th Mar, 2013 17:19, djfro wrote:
I just purchased a new laptop (HP running Windows 8 & Firefox) and cannot get PSI to load. It downloads the program but, when I try to open it, the "load screen" freezes.
HELP

I've been having lots of issues with PSI loading slowly or not at all over the last couple of months too. Regards JCS
Was this reply relevant?
+0
futureweb RE: PSI 3.0 not loading
Member 8th Mar, 2013 19:29
Score: 0
User Since: 7th Mar 2013
Last edited on 8th Mar, 2013 19:45
Last couple of months?
Oh gosh, I went ahead of trying out SMB Version and installed it on about 15 computers alltogether, and I notice all different kind of stuff, some work good, others ok, and one not at all, not even installing the update agent under services.

Even I uninstalled it completly, it seems somewhere are files kept, as a rescan, all doesn't help.Tried to check the registry user key as mentioned here: http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/136...
but there was no userkey, still deleted all entries.

I thought as heise was blogging about them, it could be there servers do have troubles.

I know SMB is beta, that's why I expected some troubles, but here that PSI 3.0 is not beta and has those troubles.... hopefully those get fixed as besides those troubles I like the software, and SMB won't be free...

Will post some feedback what all happened to me, as this might help.
Most of the sime, restarting the service helped in most cases having troubles.

Patrick

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: PSI 3.0 not loading
Handling Contributor 8th Mar, 2013 22:51
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
I previewed xSI (now SMB) & wrote two reports. This one touched on the performance of PSI version 3. I can see very little difference in the PSI performance or any noticeable improvements from xSI to SMB which I now use. The latest PSI change log gives no meaningful information & I have not seen any details of changes from xSI Preview to SMB BETA.

https://skydrive.live.com/#!/view.aspx?cid=E9EA368...

They have got to sell SMB with PSI 3 so hopefully they will work on its dreadful performance.

I have had no feedback from Secunia on my two reports so do not hold your breath!

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.