Forum Thread: Mozilla Thunderbird 17.0.4 - Download URL not accurcate

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Mozilla Foundation
And, this specific program:
Mozilla Thunderbird 17.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
chlorophyll Mozilla Thunderbird 17.0.4 - Download URL not accurcate
Member 14th Mar, 2013 17:33
Ranking: 1
User Since: 3rd Aug, 2010
System Score: N/A
The "Install Solution" sends me to http://www.mozilla.org/ instead it should link to
https://download.mozilla.org/?product=thunderbird-...

mtodorov RE: Mozilla Thunderbird 17.0.4 - Download URL not accurcate
Member 15th Mar, 2013 09:27
Score: 19
User Since: 20th Mar 2009
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 15th Mar, 2013 09:31
Hi, @chlorophyll.

I can confirm the problem in PSI 2.0.0.4003 and it is clearly a problem in PSI. Normally, an auto-update (AU) is performed for Thunderbird.

I don't know if this is a recommended solution, but you can try internal Thunderbird's update in Help/About, and then use Re-Scan.

NOTE: Re-scan single program is not available in PSI 3.0.

Rgdz,
mtodorov

--
"If a task is worth doing, it is worth doing right. If it is not worth doing well, it is not worth doing." -- Dr. Jack Hyles
<><
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Mozilla Thunderbird 17.0.4 - Download URL not accurcate
Secunia Official 15th Mar, 2013 15:06
The generic download link to www.mozilla.org is intentional. The reason is that we are currently unable to distinguish between the ESR edition of Thunderbird and the regular edition. Each edition requires its own update. So if we provide an SPS package or a direct download link for Thunderbird, some users and customers would get updated to the wrong edition.

You may want to contact Mozilla and kindly request them to update their file version information for Thunderbird so that it is not identical for the ESR and the regular edition of Thunderbird.

To update Thunderbird you can use the link provided by the PSI and locate the installer that you need. Or you can use Thunderbirds own build-in update mechanism.

This thread has been marked as locked.