Forum Thread: received message saying programme has missing or corrupt files

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Malwarebytes
And, this specific program:
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
cerla received message saying programme has missing or corrupt files
Member 19th Mar, 2013 04:19
Ranking: 0
User Since: 6th Mar, 2012
System Score: N/A
I use Windows 7 64bit and got a message just now, purportedly from Malwarebytes saying the programme was either corrupted or had missing or corrupt files. I'm wondering if anyone else has received a message like this. A scan on my computer (using SUPERAntiSpyware) shows no infections.

Maurice Joyce RE: received message saying programme has missing or corrupt files
Handling Contributor 19th Mar, 2013 09:37
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
Are you saying this message was from & about Malwarebytes?

If so, my professional version has just updated its definitions & then ran a normal flash scan without issues on Windows 7 64 Bit.

Malwarebytes should be at version number 1.70.0.1100 Database version 2013.03.19.04 (as at 0835 hours GMT)

Have you tried a reinstall?

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+1
cerla RE: received message saying programme has missing or corrupt files
Member 20th Mar, 2013 06:25
Score: 0
User Since: 6th Mar 2012
Hi. Thanks for the reply. That's just what I did and I have the updated version. The reason I wrote in is because a) I still don't know where the pop up message came from; it said it was from Malwarbytes but I've no way to confirm that especially because b) when I ran a scan on PSI it gave me 100% with no updates needed, including Malwarebytes. As I said, I uninstalled and then reinstalled it anyway to be on the safe side, but I wondered if anyone else got this message. The whole thing was strange and, as I think I said in my original post, when I scanned for viruses with SUPERAntispyware, it came up clean (with the exception of some harmless cookies.)
Was this reply relevant?
+0
mtodorov RE: received message saying programme has missing or corrupt files
Member 20th Mar, 2013 09:30
Score: 19
User Since: 20th Mar 2009
on 20th Mar, 2013 06:25, cerla wrote:
b) when I ran a scan on PSI it gave me 100% with no updates needed, including Malwarebytes.

The catch is that Secunia PSI is a "security vulnerability scanner", it reports only vulnerable or end-of-life, not just outdated versions of programs that have non-security related update.

In particular PSI won't warn about outdated virus database of AV scanners.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
mt

--
"If a task is worth doing, it is worth doing right. If it is not worth doing well, it is not worth doing." -- Dr. Jack Hyles
<><
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.