Forum Thread: manual updating

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
compsecure8 manual updating
Member 22nd Mar, 2013 00:06
Ranking: 0
User Since: 21st Mar, 2013
System Score: N/A
After allowing Secunia PSI to go dormant on my machine for a short time, I updated to the latest version and ran it. I got an indication that Microsoft's Malicial Tool Remover needed to be manually updated. I updated the Microsoft item and ran the then updated program. I re-ran Secunia and found that it continued to indicate that the Microsoft program need to be updated.

At that point, I re-started my computer and re-ran the Microsoft Malicious Tool downwload only to find that when I re-ran Secunia...it indicated that I needed to manually update The Microsoft program. I once again re-started my computer and re-ran Secunia...getting the same result.

I then decided to delete Secunia and download it anew and run it.. After doing that, I still get the same indicated need to manually update the microsoft program.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Maurice Joyce RE: manual updating
Handling Contributor 22nd Mar, 2013 01:40
Score: 12325
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
System Score: N/A
I assume you are running Windows XP & are referring to the Microsoft Removal Tool Blaster/Nachi?

If that is the case it cannot be updated & should be showing on the scan result page as End of Life.

It has been End of Life for years & was replaced by Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool which Microsoft upload to your PC every month on Patch Tuesday.

The Microsoft Removal Tool Blaster/Nachi patch can be difficult to remove because in most cases it is embedded in SP2.

I would just create an ignore rule.

--
Maurice

Microsoft Surface 4 Intel i7 64Bit
Windows 10 Pro version 1809 Build 17763.404
16 GB RAM
IE & Edge Only
Was this reply relevant?
+2

This thread has been marked as locked.