Forum Thread: Unusual number of updates being installed continuously

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
jcurtis95 Unusual number of updates being installed continuously
Member 10th Apr, 2013 14:14
Ranking: 0
User Since: 8th Jan, 2009
System Score: N/A
Hello everyone,

I have been a Secunia PSI user for several years and it has done an amazing job of keeping our computers updated. I have not participated in the forum discussions before and hope that I do not confuse you with my problem.

Recently, on our new desk top, Win 7, I have a continuous stream of program installs, changes, and removals. It seems that once it removes or changes the programs it then seems to reinstall the same programs and changes. A short time later, it will go through the same process again, removal and change, then reinstall. I do not know if this is normal, I just know that it has been a consistent updating throughout the entire day which has not been normal in the past.

I recently fine-tuned the start-up services and that seems to have been the beginning of the PSI continuous updates. I am currently at 100% on updates.

In the past, I have gotten updates perhaps 2 or 3 times per week. Now it is 5 or 6 times per day. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I have not made a list of the content of the various updates and will do so if it is helpful.

Thanks,

Jerry Curtis

This user no longer exists RE: Unusual number of updates being installed continuously
Secunia Official 10th Apr, 2013 14:41
Hi Jerry
I suspect the programs that continue to be auto-updated by the PSI are installed in a non-default directory. Please see this entry in our FAQ and let us know the name of the programs along with their installation paths.
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...

This thread has been marked as locked.